Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brallt
    • Mar 2013

b2p anxeity?

Lately I've been trying to do some more blow-to-pops, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I've done them in the past, almost all accidentally when the balloon had a defect or intentionally with a pump, but trying to do them with my mouth, I... well, chicken out when they get really tight and pop them some other way. I don't know what it is, fear of the bang at point-blank range I guess?

Anyone else feel something like this, or know ways to smooth it over a little?
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Re: b2p anxeity?

I know exactly what you mean, I usually feel the same way also. It's rare that I actually go all the way with a B2P.

I know many people talk about how they overcame it with ear plugs. Maybe as an added "shield" you could also wear sunglasses or goggles to help you feel more safe about doing a B2P

Most of the time when I B2P it's because I'm also masturbating (sorry if that's TMI). But the euphoric effect takes my mind off of everything else, including the balloon, and allows me to be more careless when blowing it up, sometimes leading to a B2P

Comment

• ballonknall
      • Apr 2013

I've had that problem, too. First I tried using ear plugs, which helped me so far that I could do b2ps with them in most of the time. It didn't help me overcoming the - I don't want to say fear - let's say nervous feelings when a balloon got really tight and I didn't use any hearing protection. That wasn't good enough for me.

Something that helped me was, as stupid as it may sound, counting. Something like not allowing myself to blow less than 3 (or more, depends on the size of the balloon) breaths in a sequence. That way I didn't have to convince myself before each breath i put in. At least it rises the probability to pop the balloon within one blowing sequence.

Also I like the loud popping sound. But when I haven't heard it for a while, it gets me more nervous to start right away with b2p. In that case it helped me to pop one or two balloons in a different way (without ear plugs of course) to get used to it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

I get anxiety of a different kind when I do btp. I actually like the noise and the excitement of making it pop. The feeling of power when the pressure equalizes and it gets really had to blow, but you make it anyway, is awesome.

My issue is the fear of getting smacked in the face. I think that's why I tend to stick to the normal sized ones when I do btp. I've gotten hit in the cheek right below the eye and that f'n stings man!
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• stvrob19@gmail.com
          • Sep 2013

Same problem, I want to b2p, but just can't go through with it.

I've tried baking balloons, balloons previously inflated many times or vasoline. This is almost scarier, since it is less predictable and also more likely to snap in your eyes.

Bigger balloons seem scarier, and I have longer to change my mind. With smaller balloons, I usually get to the point where I can't blow anymore but the balloon won't pop.

As a kid and teenager, I used to love b2p, it was what I did whenever I got a balloon and no one was around or I just didn't care what people thought. I think balloons today are much harder to blow and louder, but that could just be me that changed.

Comment

• Balloonblower
            • Oct 2013

I've discovered an odd thing recently - my favoured balloons for blow to pop are anything between 18"-24" with the Tuftex and Qualatex 24" heading the list, followed by the Greek Swan 24". These three always give me a measure of pleasurable apprehension when I've gotten them blown up tight and fully necked, but I bought a few 30" and 36" balloons a few weeks ago and find that it's much easier for me to blow to pop them and that I get no anxiety or apprehension at all, even when they are blown up very large. I've thought about this and have come to the conclusion that with the 24" balloons, it's very obvious when they are close to the limit - very tight, fully inflated neck, etc. - while the larger balloons don't generally get as much neck - I need to experiment here - and I can just keep on blowing without any real idea as to when the balloon will burst. The bang is therefore a nice surprise and is achieved without the heart pounding sensation I get with a long necked one. The bigger sizes also don't seem to burst quite as loud since there's usually a bit less pressure in them. Has anyone else had a similar feeling?
            Blow 'em up to bursting point and don't stop blowing!

Comment

• mowjow
              • Mar 2013

Whenever I buy balloons or some times condoms
              I start to get a bit scared when they get big and tight..
              But it's just awesome when they finally pop

Comment

• Brittany Lynn
                • Dec 2013

So, I can B2P inflatables (big ones too), but NOT balloons. It is strange but I think it is because I use a Shop Vac to blow up the inflatables and my mouth for balloons. I always have this fear they will pop and hit my eye. This may not help much, but hey, you're not alone!

Comment

• Steve_inflator
                  • Aug 2013

Hi Brittany, Have you tried using shades or sunglasses to try and b2p a balloon?

Comment

• Looner_leo
                    • Oct 2015

I always afraid of blowing up balloons to pop, but recently with the support of my wife, I've began to lose the fear, and enjoy more the experience.

Comment

• marja

How did she support you?

Comment

• Loonatic
                        Balloons + Feet
                        • Apr 2016

Agh I know what you mean! It seems so hard to build up confidence to actually do b2p's comfortably! I've always loved seeing b2p's but was so afraid of the loud bang but I want to try them so bad! I crave the loud pop even though I fear it and every time I'm about to try a b2p or pump or inflate to pop I chicken out at the last minute. I did manage to do a pump to pop one time with my girlfriend (now fiancé) sitting behind me covering my ears and legs wrapped around me and feet in my lap. It made me feel safe from the loud bang but I was still able to enjoy making the balloon pop. Maybe her and I can work to only partially covered ears and then not covering them at all to enjoy the full effect.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                          Extreme Sit-popper
                          • Mar 2016

I really can't do B2P, it seems easy and not scary before you do it, but once you do blow one up, and when it gets tight, it's terrifying, so I just tie it off and sit on it, or let off some airc, tie it off, and ride it.
                          You never know when it's gonna pop!

Comment

• Meililoon
                            aka lyckr
                            • Sep 2014

b2p anxiety is really frustrating 9 out of 10 times I chicken out when it's getting close, then on some rare occasions I do it without any problems. I hope I'll get better at overcoming it, cause it's such a rush when it finally pops

Comment

• Looner_leo
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by marja
                              How did she support you?
                              she ask me to blow balloons at her side, just to hear the boom. Obedient as I am, I don't refuse the request.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎