X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Imoverthere
    • Aug 2011

Popping

I know this is a non-popper thread, but hear this out:

What happens with you after your balloon accidentally pops? Do you feel bad about it, does it scare you, or does it excite you?

I personally love the idea that my balloon can possibly pop, and I love trying to see how far my balloon can go, but I hate to pop my balloon anyways.
  • looooooco
    • Jun 2011

Re: Popping

Today I have played with some inflatable and it made a BANG by accident. I have identical thing before and heatstretched it using hot water from shower. Yes, it made the same BANG resulting in identical split in the same seam. It was quite nice because I love fast deflation but it's my parents' thing so I had to repair it using iron :s They don't know about my interests of course.

Comment

• looner98
      • Mar 2012

i am a non popper but will pop if i feel like it if i acidentaly pop i get i bit upset because it will be a nice balloon

Comment

• BBW MEL
        • Jun 2012

Im a pop and non pop myself. If I really like a balloon and it pops before its "time" it SCARES me my heart stops! Then I laugh then get a little disappointed if I really liked it!
        Get to know me on Twitter ,Facebook Clips4sale
        & Southern-Charms

Comment

• loonerlover
          • Aug 2012

Hate when my balloons pop....especially with how expensive some of them are!!!
          Does anyone have any tips on how to inflate them as big as you see them in some pictures? Some of the 12's and 16's are massive!!!!

Comment

• cgrocarlos
            • Oct 2011

loonerlover,

Take a look at the thread titled "Big Neck?" Under the Balloon Fetish Discussion tab. That might help you out some for the 12" to 16"

Comment

• loonerlover
              • Aug 2012

Good advice, will certainly give it a go and let you know how it goes!

Comment

• cgrocarlos
                • Oct 2011

Great! make sure you inflate & deflate about 3 times, each time bigger than the last to get the most out of your balloon when you blow it up all the way. Good luck!

Comment

• Tiputip
                  • Aug 2012

I hate balloons popping. For a long time when younger I even avoided blowing up balloons by mouth. I think it dates back from a small child when helping blow up balloons at christmas. One bounced towards the oven as my Mother was getting the turkey out. It was the first balloon I had heard pop.

I could not have been more than a few years old then and the suddenes of it left a lasting impression. A while back I did blow some up to bursting simply to break the spell. I still hate it though and struggle to fully inflate balloons as I'm not sure how far to take them.

Any hints on judging when the limit is being reached!
                  looner lovelies enjoying their balloon fetish

Comment

• cgrocarlos
                    • Oct 2011

the limits truly depend on the type and size of the balloon. if you like 12", then i usually stop when either it's difficult to force more air into the balloon, the portion of the neck touching your lips pushes hard against you, or the neck develops a round or bulging shape. but again, it depends on the type also. Some i know that i can take farther than others.

Comment

• Tiputip
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cgrocarlos
                      the limits truly depend on the type and size of the balloon. if you like 12", then i usually stop when either it's difficult to force more air into the balloon, the portion of the neck touching your lips pushes hard against you, or the neck develops a round or bulging shape. but again, it depends on the type also. Some i know that i can take farther than others.
                      Thanks for that. Won't pretend I can really understand the instructions on creating big necks but having watched the videos suggested I guess I will just have to man up and blow a bit harder. Shows how dim I am. I had seen balloons with long necks but just assumed that was how they were made initially.
                      looner lovelies enjoying their balloon fetish

Comment

• cgrocarlos
                        • Oct 2011

Ya, the true secret to it is pre-inflating the balloon. Look at the thread titled "Big Neck?" by Katielynn under the "Balloon Fetish Discussion" topic. I go into pretty great detail about how I like to pre-stretch the necks, it usually works extremely well. After you've done some work stretching the neck, blow the balloon up fully. Deflate it and blow it up again but this time even bigger so that the neck inflates. Repeat and blow it even bigger so that the neck is fully inflated. You may repeat up to about 5 times. Generally the more times you inflate and then deflate, the bigger you can make the balloon the next time you blow it up (unless you've worn it out too much). I usually blow up the balloon all the way to its max on about the 3rd or 4th inflation.

Good luck!

Comment

• 69goon
                          • Feb 2013

Ya,i usually blow a new one to it's max to stretch it out,let a bit of air out and apply a little weight on it then let out more so it's a little under inflated so you have some "room to play" and once there is weight on it the neck stretches pretty good.I once had a new Italian 26" by 46" balloon that i was soo looking forward to.Well it had a "link" on the end where air goes into and on this one it was more on the side.It was a bit of a defect,but once i blew it up about half to three quarters full it kind of took the shape of o half moon,curling up at both ends looking like someone rode the hell out of it sitting in the middle of it.I couldn't wait to try it out but the second i pushed down on it abit with my hands it popped.Man was i sooooooo disappointed.lol.

Comment

• BeachBall
                            • Apr 2012

I have ligyrophobia, which means that I am afraid of sudden loud noises, so popping is to be avoided at all costs. When a balloon does pop, it makes me jump and my heart races for about a minute or so afterwards, but not in a good way. I enjoy blowing balloons up, though.
                            BeachBall

Comment

• Nick.giles1
                              • Jun 2013

I really hate popping balloons. I have some balloons in my room that have been blown up for almost a year. And that's quite a feat considering they're three feet wide. I've had to do some popping though. I have a spare room. I've filled this room with balloons about a half dozen times. Then I got a new roommate, and had to empty the room, it was quite disheartening. I usually like to wait for a long time before popping, just so the balloons are softer and stretched out. Then there's not a lot of noise. If I have to pop them, I use a utility knife. It's quick, and I can pop several at once if I just swing through them. It's really sad when it's all over and you have a giant pile of balloon corpses on the floor. I favor the larger balloons, since they're not as loud.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎