X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bounci
    • Apr 2018

Re: Party City 24"???

Originally posted by OverTheTop
    It's pretty easy and effective. Take a new balloon, and put it in the oven at 290°F for 5-15 minutes (start with shorter times until you get the hang of it, different brands take different times for best results) and then just blow it up as normal once you take it out.

There's also the clothes dryer method, which works better for used balloons - put them in a ziploc bag and toss them in a clothes dryer on high for 15-30 minutes.
    Thank you, that's really helpful!

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bounci
      Thank you, that's really helpful!
      Let me know if you need any more help

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Everyone has been talking about these Party City 24s which got me curious enough to stop at my local shop so i decided to take a ride out there. I was a bundle of nerves just from the sheer excitement! I go in & my head was whirling! I grabbed a basket & went to the balloon drawers & started going through all the stuff. I've purchased mylar balloons from Party City before but this was my first time trying their latex stuff. I had no clue what i was grabbing; I only made sure I was collecting even numbers for whatever reason
        I cruised the aisles, grabbed a helium tank & proceeded to admire the balloon displays with the other customers who all happened to be women
        Nothing abnormal here, just out shopping for balloons & stuff!
        I went to the check out which was empty & the cute girl cashier came to ring me up. I dumped my mountain of stuff in front of her & she went through the contents. By now a line was forming as i helped her scan the helium tank. She then methodically went through all my things, counting each individual balloon while referring to her balloon guide on the register. My. Heart. Was. POUNDING! Not out of embarrassment or self consciousness but because I found the situation so HOT! I thought my insides were gonna blow!As she rang up my bubbles I could see the look & smile on her face as if to say, " Helium, bubbles & balloons? What does this guy have planned!" Im sure the other customers waiting on line were thinking the same,lol!
        We bid each other good day with a couple of cheesy smiles & I left...all & all a wonderful experience. I can't wait to try all this stuff out!

Cheese!

Comment

Comment

Ahhh! I can't upload the pic!

Comment

• belcatball
              • Apr 2017

These are the anti-Q24s. No neck at all, but tougher otherwise.

Comment

• frankfrank
                Empathetic Harmonizer
                • Feb 2018

I just boinked one about 25 minutes ago and, as usual, it was great.
                People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• perchedontheloon
                  • Dec 2014

I ordered some of these on Amazon and I have to say, I wasn't expecting much but I'm impressed.

Yes, they don't get a neck and are the "anti-q24". As someone who still has some Q24s left, these two cannot be compared. The Party City balloons by Amscan are really just a smaller version of a Q36 or Unique 36. Completely round with no neck. A little bulge if you want to get technical but nothing resembling a neck.

For me, that's something I'm completely ok with. A neck doesn't matter to me whatsoever, I don't get any further satisfaction from riding a necked balloon or riding a completely round balloon. I inflated a TT24 and an Amscan 24 and compared the two the other day, the Amscan gets a little larger than the TT24 and is much rounder. Both were inflated to approx. the same tightness and I was counting my blows like Katielynn and others have talked about in the past.

The only really con about these balloons is the price, I don't know what they are in Party City but they were decently expensive on Amazon. TT24s are cheaper where I can get 10 balloons for $12 or 25 balloons for $29. The Amscan were running 4 balloons for $6.93 or 25 balloons for $32.19. Not a huge difference but when you're ballin' on a budget like me it helps.

Lastly, I think I prefer the Amscan to the TT because I live with roommates and I don't like squeaking balloons drawing attention. The TT balloons squeak LOUDLY where as the Amscan's hardly squeak even when inflated to size. Just my two cents but wanted to let you all know.

Comment

I completely agree that the party city 24s are Q-36s in the miniature form. I definitely prefer the Tuff-Tex 24 to the party variety. They feel & smell better imho. But that's not to say the party City 24 is a bad balloon...it can hold it's own

Comment

• Popper12345
                      • Jun 2018

I’ve used the party city 24” balloons quite a bit and they are awesome! I’ve actually accidentally blew one up so big that it popped on me and scared me half to death

Comment

• OverTheTop
                        • Dec 2013

With all these glowing reviews, I might have to swing by my local Party City and grab some. The only problem is finding space for them, my balloon stash is already pretty large - I'll have to do some popping I suppose!

Comment

Noooooo! You can NEVER have too many balloons! Make space, Over, make space!

Comment

• someloonerguy
                            • Aug 2016

I've come to really love the Party City 24". Something that isn't pointed out enough is just how well they can take being over inflated. In the attached pic one of the balloons is a Party City 24" and the other is a 36" Unique (inflated to full size). I didn't use any tricks (like baking) on the PC balloon to get it to stretch- just several inflations and giving it time to sit at a bigger size. The most surprising thing is the PC 24" not only got up to 36" but it was STABLE at that size. It sat for hours and didn't burst.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• frankfrank
                              Empathetic Harmonizer
                              • Feb 2018

Yeah, impressive! & I agree...
                              People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Nonpop25
                                • Sep 2018

I haven't tried these balloons before but will now!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎