How many times have you reused a balloon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: How many times have you reused a balloon?

Same! I can get A LOT uses out of my balloons! Being that I'm a small guy i have no problem with over inflating my balloons & reusing them time and time again. whether its my weather balloons or qualitex, Cattexs , tuf texs; I will re inflate them several times over until they get worn & burst! I also love not knowing when the balloon is gonna pop! That's most definitely part of the fun!!! & if I make a mess on the balloon i simply clean it off with warm, soapy water for future use. I also love the SMELL of old balloons when they stretch & stress! Being that I'm a semi popper/popper I just love when the balloon randomly pops! It sends me over the edge, for sure! But alas...it always leaves me sad every time i lose a balloon...but then i remember i have hundreds & can do over & over again!

Comment

• marja

I usually don't re-use my balloons. I prefer to inflate them by mouth and I don't think it is very hygienic to re-inflate them. The only balloons I use several times are bigger ones that I inflated by pump, such as GL500, or 24" or 36" balloons.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by marja
        I usually don't re-use my balloons. I prefer to inflate them by mouth and I don't think it is very hygienic to re-inflate them. The only balloons I use several times are bigger ones that I inflated by pump, such as GL500, or 24" or 36" balloons.
        Why wouldn't it be hygienic? It's not like you're rubbing dirt into them or anything.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OverTheTop
          Why wouldn't it be hygienic? It's not like you're rubbing dirt into them or anything.

Bacteria and fungi. I've never had any problems myself though. Just keep them in a dark airtight container. Silica gel and oxygen absorbers can help as well.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by onemoreblow
            I have wondered if you inflate a balloon while you have a cold, forget, and then play with it later if you could catch the same cold. I HIGHLY doubt it, but I would bet a sinus infection could be caused by fungus, which would live ... I don't know, forever maybe.

It hasn't stopped me yet
            No because A. You can't catch the same strain of cold because your body learns to fight it off. (There's loads of strains which is why you can't vaccinate against all of them) and B. You actually get infected from a cold through your tear duct.
            Biggest problem would be bacteria from your mouth. It's mostly harmless but there's a lot.
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• loonerdude44
              Inflatable Enthusiast
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by OverTheTop
              They (unknown gender) did say they blow them up by mouth, and that puts saliva into the balloon. Even after a couple of inflations a balloon can fill with it, it's disgusting. Hence why I use a pump.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                • Nov 2016

I reuse them all the time, you just have to hold them by the drip point and shake them a bit to get the moisture out of them, sometimes pinching just below that point with the other hand and drawing the rest out towards the neck. Not a perfect fix but it gets them dry enough that evaporation easily takes care of the rest. It's also not all spit, a lot of it is just condensation from your breath. It's your own either way so I don't find it gross or whatever.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                  • Dec 2013

I mean when I blow up balloons it's not like I'm spitting into them or anything, the air is a bit moist from my lungs but not enough that they "fill up" with anything.

I've reused the same balloons dozens of times without getting sick or any noticeable "gunk" inside them, although my evidence is purely anecdotal. I store the balloons in airtight bags in a shoebox. They're probably cleaner than my toothbrush...

Comment

• Vaderpat
                    • Aug 2017

I use a pump to blow up my loons. After i am done with them i deflate them and store them for another time. Whenever that next time comes i inspect them after blowing them up. Its easy to do because of the crystal colours. If they got too messy I turn them inside out and blow little air in them so they are easier to wash. After that I rinse them in either the sink or the shower. I dry them with a towel and retalc them while they are blown up a little. This retalc process will keep them from becoming sticky and as a bonus will make them extremely soft to the touch!

I usually check both the inside and outside for water to make sure the balloons will last for as long as possible!

Comment

• kahuna09
                      • Jul 2013

one good trick is to use a hair dryer or even a heat gun very gently and it will bring the balloon to almost new condition. i have done this many times and it works really well. if you are using a heat gun make sure not to get to close as it will make a weak spot in the balloon and cause premature failure of the balloon. great results though if done correctly.

Comment

• loonerdude44
                        Inflatable Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by kahuna09
                        one good trick is to use a hair dryer or even a heat gun very gently and it will bring the balloon to almost new condition. i have done this many times and it works really well. if you are using a heat gun make sure not to get to close as it will make a weak spot in the balloon and cause premature failure of the balloon. great results though if done correctly.
                        This never works for me.

Comment

• kahuna09
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by loonerdude44
                          This never works for me.
                          what happens? one tick i have done that works well inflate the balloon ever so slightly and then use the heat guy at a distance from the balloon working all around it it until it shrinks back to its original size.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by loonerdude44
                            This never works for me.
                            Try putting it in a ziploc bag and then in a clothes dryer on high heat for 15-30 minutes. The heat will restore the original uninflated shape of the balloon, and as a bonus, make it stretchier when you inflate it.

(Keep each balloon in its own bag, they can stick to each other otherwise)

Comment

• kahuna09
                              • Jul 2013

i will defiantly be trying this. sounds like a great idea.

Comment

• Guy360
                                • Jan 2018

I don't know if anyone has tried this, I have, just run warm, hot water over the balloon. You can do it several times. It gets bigger and bigger. It also gets stretcher. On some doll balloons I will just work the head this way. You don't fill the balloon, I try not to get water inside, you can watch it shrink, but it does not go back to original size.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎