What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrPopper
    • Jul 2017

Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Honestly, I was surprised too.. I get those from my local store, bought them online. All of them I got from that store, could be inflated a lot. Not everyone as big as that one but still pretty big. Then I decided to buy some online on aliexpress and you know what? non of them could be inflated as much as this one. Currently im waiting for some more from different supplier, will see if they will get any bigger lol

Comment

• Tecumseh
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by OverTheTop
      Heat stretched GL1200 - had baked it in the oven at 290F for 10 minutes, and then inflated and deflated it multiple times and generally stretched it over the course of a couple weeks. Before it finally popped I managed to get it to around 115" long and 40" thick (rated at 80" long by 32" thick)
      wait, you put them in the oven? could you eleborate on that? what's the use of that? do they get bigger?

Comment

• Tecumseh
        • Nov 2017

You got any tips? Tried it a little yesterday with a fresh tuftex 24" but after a few minutes it started smelling really bad, so I quickly took it out and opened a window haha

Comment

• JR Looner
          • May 2015

When you bake a balloon, you are going to smell the latex. You are heating the molecules so they will release the latex smell. The alternative is to put a balloon in a resealable bag and put it in the dryer on high for 10-15 minutes. Less of a smell (until you open the bag), but it doesn't stretch the balloon as much. Just remember to inflate the balloon shortly after taking it out of the oven or dryer.

Comment

• OverTheTop
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Tecumseh
            wait, you put them in the oven? could you eleborate on that? what's the use of that? do they get bigger?
            Yep, you put them in the oven. They get a lot stretchier and softer (and by extension, larger). They can make it smell like latex for a while but it's usually gone in under an hour, and the results are well worth it.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
              • Nov 2016

How long and at what temperature do you bake them?

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
                How long and at what temperature do you bake them?
                290°F for 5-15 minutes. The time depends mostly on the manufacturer. Cattex are naturally very stretchy, so no more than 7 minutes. Qualatex is usually around 10 minutes, Unique 15 minutes, etc. Tuftex is a bit of a mixed bag since they degrade over time more quickly than other brands.

Make sure you only bake new balloons - if they've been inflated before they get way too weak and pop very easily. For previously inflated ones, put them in a ziploc bag in the dryer on high heat for 15-30 minutes for a similar effect.

Comment

• cgrocarlos
                  • Oct 2011

Aside from videos and the balloons one of my friends made who I suspect was a looner, the biggest public balloons I've seen came from Hooters (a restaurant in the US with scantily clad waitresses). I dated a girl that worked there and one day when I was paying her a visit, there was a family eating at a table near where I was sitting. They brought their kid who was acting like a total brat (running around, hitting other guest's chairs and such) so to calm him down, one of the waitress made him a balloon that was absolutely massive, inflated till there was no neck room left. I think her intent was for him to pop it which would disappoint him and hopefully get him to shut up. Or maybe she just got a little carried away? Anyways, I left before the kid popped it (which I'm sure happened at some point) but he got awfully close at some times. On another occasion, it was really late and I went there with my softball team after a game. My girlfriend at the time was with us at the table but her coworker friend was serving us so just for fun, she and her friend got some balloons and were inflating them with helium tank and sucking the air to talk funny. A couple of times they put a bunch of air in and the necks got huge but they never popped them. I really wish I was more courageous back then so that I would have asked my gf to bring some balloons home with her for some fun. I honestly think she would have done it too.

Comment

• Vicci
                    Blown to bits
                    • Oct 2009

Don't you just love it when you're wandering through town to get your morning coffee and there's a charity stand setting up, with two ladies who can't seem to figure out how to shut off the helium...
                    Attached Files
                    Vicci x

Comment

• Loonatic
                      Balloons + Feet
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Vicci
                      Don't you just love it when you're wandering through town to get your morning coffee and there's a charity stand setting up, with two ladies who can't seem to figure out how to shut off the helium...
                      Those beauties are fit to burst! They look so big that one wrong look would mean pop pop pop! love it! Now, wouldn't it have been perfect to see them fill those up and along with not figuring out how to shut off the helium, the balloons magically got stuck on the nozzle as well until... BOOM! hehe That would be like a little looner miracle! Nice snag Vicci, great colors too!

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

Either that or they thought they were supposed to be that big. There's a shop near me that always has overinflated balloons outside. Not even helium so they could of been done by mouth. They're changed every few days as well so are always fresh. Last week was very tight red crystal coloured balloons and today some orange. Always with necks. Some days with small necks and others completely filled and bulging.
                        How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                        My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Wow!
                          Those are beautifully overblown!

Comment

• loonlover817
                            • Feb 2018

yess those are soo big. vicci did u take them home?
                            lover your loons forever

Comment

• loonerdude44
                              Inflatable Enthusiast
                              • Oct 2017

Am I the only one who would deflate them a little?

Comment

• loonlover817
                                • Feb 2018

nah ride them to pop and cum lol what would u do loonerdude?
                                lover your loons forever

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍