Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBoum
    • Jul 2016

Balloon drop ! feeling good ?

When I go to a place where there is a balloon drop my heart is beating hard and I can smell the latex as soon I step into the war room.

If so I am anxious to see how many and what quality/size they are. I can lost my appetite and feel a kind a bad way ! After I just wait the precious moment.

When the balloons touch the ground this is time to start the popping in a way I want to be followed by the surrounding people.

Di you noticed that person pop the balloons in the same way others do it ? It seem to be hard to start a different way to pop balloons... Just my opinion.

What is your feeling in a balloon drop even ? Scuze me I am not good in English
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

Re: Balloon drop ! feeling good ?

OMG balloon drops are so nerve racking! It's like I wanna enjoy popping balloons with everyone else, but at the same time I don't wanna seem like I'm having too much fun. The anticipation of the sound always makes my heart pound and I can't stop looking up at the ceiling. When they drop, OMG it's so awesome.... and then the popping starts. And it's so great, but it's so hard because people around me don't know how much of a popping expert I am, and I don't wanna seem like a creep enjoying it so much. Balloon drops are just the weirdest things ever.

Comment

• Kbeecher
      • Jan 2018

Balloon drops are awesome but often frustrating. I fantasize about seeing cute women digging their nails into the balloons or wildly stomping them...yet it is usually difficult to find such an example. After the balloons are popped walking around the dance floor among all the popped balloons is ridiculously arousing.

Comment

• Norwegianpopper
        • Jan 2018

Been to my share of balloon drops, and it's a bit splitted experience. The many pops are fun and at times kind of sensual. However, the drops I've been to there has been all ages represented. And the grown ups do not think, trample so to speak on the children and nobody cares about security.
        Balloon drop with only adults would be quite an experience. Think I'd love that from start to end!

Comment

• MikeFlowerPop
          • Nov 2016

I can divide the drops I've been to in 2 groups. First is "1.000 balloons and catch the prizes inside!", second "Have a blast!" The first thing gets really disgusting, because everybody just wants to grab and pop as much as they can to get something 4 free. No care is given for the popping as such. The latter is more playful, people also toss them around before they take more joy in busting them. You even get others to push them towards me because they see how much fun I have when bursting them.

As for the minutes/hours before when there is a dance below the net or whatever - yes! I am also close to cardiac arrest from hunger for the popping to start.

One additional remark: don't be shy at such an event. Nobody will care how much you enjoy as everyone is having a blasting time!

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

If all goes to plan, I will be attending a balloon drop this Friday ! Albeit being mostly a non-popper, I have been popping few balloons lately to get over my phobia. And I believe this would be one heck of a therapy. Anything else I should anticipate?

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
              Stretched like space-time
              • Feb 2018

Balloon drops have always been a mixed bag for me. I am still kind of stressed when balloons are to be popped. I can pop balloons on my own easily and if i'm aroused i can pop anything really. But balloon drops are especialy intimidating for me as it brings back some awefull memories. Really morbid and mortifying memories.

If it was a female only balloon drop and I was there, it would be a whole different story. For me to enjoy balloons popping it would need to get sensual. Popping balloons like that with 0 level of arousal would make me tense.

When i was a child and there were balloons drops i remember panicking and screaming running away, closing my ears. My family would feel pity for me, some even laugh. I had a huge phobia for loud explosions. The only people who respected my fears and kind of helped me were the female decorators. I remember one time after a balloon drop in a kids party, after i returned from running away, i realized that not all the balloons were popped. After all the kids left, i got to see 2 pretty females grab some scissors then close the door and told me to keep my distance, then i watched through the glass as they popped the rest of the balloons. I was fascinated.
              And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• srob2
                • Dec 2017

Balloon drops don't do much for me. I like anticipation a balloon is going to pop or the feeling of risk that a balloon might or might not pop. Balloon drops don't have any of that, and the people are usually loud and the balloons are not. At best it is a chance to see pretty girls get scared and pop balloons anyway. Also a good chance to ask a pretty girl to sit on one or pop it another way.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Casey88
                  If all goes to plan, I will be attending a balloon drop this Friday ! Albeit being mostly a non-popper, I have been popping few balloons lately to get over my phobia. And I believe this would be one heck of a therapy. Anything else I should anticipate?

I think the main thing is be prepared for how loud it's going to be when the balloons are popped. Depending on the number and size of balloons, as well as how tightly inflated they are (and whether they're cheap balloons or decent quality branded ones), the noise factor is going be the main issue for you.

You may love it, or you may find it overwhelming. There's also the issue of seeing hundreds or possibly thousands of balloons being destroyed so quickly, that may have an emotional affect on you.

They're the two main reasons I hate balloon-drops: the noise, and seeing so many balloons destroyed in such a short space of time.

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                    I think the main thing is be prepared for how loud it's going to be when the balloons are popped. Depending on the number and size of balloons, as well as how tightly inflated they are (and whether they're cheap balloons or decent quality branded ones), the noise factor is going be the main issue for you.

You may love it, or you may find it overwhelming. There's also the issue of seeing hundreds or possibly thousands of balloons being destroyed so quickly, that may have an emotional affect on you.

They're the two main reasons I hate balloon-drops: the noise, and seeing so many balloons destroyed in such a short space of time.

Just came home and IT WAS A BLAST for me. I never knew it wasnt so bad after all. Yes I agree in regards to the noise, as stomp pops were louder than pin pops but I was surprised in my own ability to be able to ignore it. I even popped a few with a toothpick and fork, even stomp popped one . Enjoyed every bits of it and I cant wait for NYE !

Comment

• StretchEmerald
                      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Casey88
                      Just came home and IT WAS A BLAST for me. I never knew it wasnt so bad after all. Yes I agree in regards to the noise, as stomp pops were louder than pin pops but I was surprised in my own ability to be able to ignore it. I even popped a few with a toothpick and fork, even stomp popped one . Enjoyed every bits of it and I cant wait for NYE !
                      Congratulations! It's always such a rush to be more comfortable with popping – here's hoping for many more good times like that!

Comment

• Casey88
                        lukmanrewa
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by StretchEmerald
                        Congratulations! It's always such a rush to be more comfortable with popping – here's hoping for many more good times like that!
                        Thank you ! But being a phobic, this had only applied to certain conditions like how tight the balloons were and how big/small it was. Had the balloons be big and tight, i would have just grabbed a few and ran off home.

Comment

• SAF
                          • Nov 2019

I would love to find a place for a balloon drop over New Years Eve. Where do you look?

Comment

• Casey88
                            lukmanrewa
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by SAF
                            I would love to find a place for a balloon drop over New Years Eve. Where do you look?
                            I just google them depending on the city you are in. Normally some hotels do this !

Comment

• AJK64
                              • Jun 2018

Me and my fella are planning to try a DIY balloon drop over Christmas. Would love to find a public one though.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎