X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: What do you do with old balloons?

Originally posted by Balloonluvr
    Aww guys....Anyway you could untie a save your old balloons and send them if I pay the postage? I love old used balloons and rescuing them from being popped. I would love all of you!!
    Heh, by the time I'm ready to get rid of them they've usually popped already and if they haven't, they're too soft and fragile to even reach rated size :P

Comment

• bigballcollector
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Jkloon
      I just keep using them until they do eventually pop. The pop doesnt bother me at all, i just don't do it intentionally because I see it as a waste of a balloon.
      It is great to find a balloon that doesn't pop even after being played for months, they end up so squishy and thin that some of them don't do the usual pop sound, instead it is like whenyou hit paper sheet.
      Attached Files
      Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

• iguessimalooner
        • Dec 2017

I love my balloons a little oxidized so they can be bouncy and somewhat fun to pop. When some of them get too old/oxidized, I just pop them without caring.
        Texas y'all.

Comment

• JR Looner
          • May 2015

I have a pump to pop pile that is getting rather large at this point. All the balloons I have already used go into this pile. But, the balloons have to show some sort of weak area in the latex or defect to be put in this pile. Then I usually sit in front of the pump and pop them all, one by one. I like to have my GF put the balloons on the pump with me.

Comment

• loonerdude44
            Inflatable Enthusiast
            • Oct 2017

I'd never pop a single balloon for any reason whatsoever, so yeah, I usually discard them, unless they can handle being inflated. If they're too old or stretched I won't even try. If I can inflate them safely then I'll do so and just leave them there. With balloons I want to keep a long time (which is all of them), I always tie the neck in a half-knot so I can easily untie them if I need to deflate them or add more air as balloons do slowly deflate over time.

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
              • Oct 2019

For balloons I've taken from parties and such, or otherwise can't untie, I just wait for them to deflate and toss them. For balloons I buy on my own, I've been thinking about turning them into stress balls filled with cornstarch, slime, beads, whatever might work. I haven't gotten around to that yet because so far I accidentally popped them all before I realized they were too old.
              *notices bulge*

Comment

• PBK
                • Mar 2019

Depends. Balloons I've rescued or had given to me that are inflated I wait until they're completely deflated on their own. Helium balloons I wait until they aren't floating anymore
                Bigger balloons usually get deflated when we clean the house and if they're heavily oxidized they get thrown in the garbage. If not, they get re-inflated later.
                Old balloons from my collection that have aged for too long or haven't aged well get thrown away. Questionable balloons that could likely be inflated but not to overinflation get donated to the nursing home, school, church, boys and girls club, etc.
                Some of my older balloons get used on the gun range as reactive targets.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                  • Nov 2018

One of the challenges of being a non popper is that you end up with lots of old balloons, especially if you buy balloons regularly. So, I toss oxidized balloons (don't like the smell), balloons that smell bad (decaying Tuftex is a good example) and balloons that look pretty beat up from repeated inflations. I also try to keep track of my Tuftex and Uniques, because they age even with careful storage. And, to keep numbers under control and make way for new ones, I sometimes toss balloons that I know that I'll probably never inflate. Right now, I have almost 600 balloons safely stored, which is down from nearly 900. LOL.

Comment

• Eastlooner
                    • Apr 2019

It all depends. Me and my wife are heavy poppers. When you think about uninflated old ones- all the sticky loons just went to the bio-garbage. Some of them- less sticky were donated to the primary school nearby- just anonymously. Some stiff ones were baked to become soft and then masspopped, even when inflated with helium. I did it int the spring.
                    When you think about inflated ones- not popped figurines and bigger than 24 have their second (and last one) life during reinflation and getting a knot. Lesser than 24 do not become older than 1 week, so there is no problem with them

Comment

• Loon119
                      • Jun 2018

If its really special its kept until it goes down. If they are rescued from some party or other I'll stuff them in my pants and get the wife to nail or foot pop them

Comment

• balloonPatcher
                        • Jun 2020

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                        One of the challenges of being a non popper is that you end up with lots of old balloons, especially if you buy balloons regularly.
                        Yes, I have now quite a large number of balloons, some as old as 10 Y - 72" from Cattex. I keep them dry and in an air tight plastic box (tupperware).
                        Some of the old balloons are used as material for patching current balloons.
                        Occasionally, I would make a Frankenballoon from old balloons also.
                        Very weak oxidized balloons I cut them into pieces and discard. Probably why I have never popped balloons is I have not come 'out' with my fetish and do not want to explain what the explosion was.

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
                          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by bigballcollector
                          taking into account you do not pop balloons, do you trash oxidized/old balloons?
                          I used to have some trusted friends sending me their balloons they inflated hard with their lungs. Playing with those balloons and inflating them again and eventually popping them has always been a huge turn on.

Sadly most of those live in Europe so it is not convenient any more.
                          In case in the US there are non poppers liking to see me (a man) blowing up their used balloons, I'd eager to take them!

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
                            • Feb 2018

Kudos to this forum there were 2 who replied me already and one just sent a bunch of balloons he used heavily :-) That is a great way to start the new year!

Happy 2021 to you all!

Comment

• Exaturbo
                              • Feb 2021

Even though I’m generally a non popper, I have to sometimes dispose of old ones.
                              Generally like this.

And

Both of these were over 6 months old and had been well used. Many many times.
                              Both were far too soft and oxidised for me to safely use without fear of an accidental pop during use.

So needs must.....

Comment

• Casey88
                                lukmanrewa
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Exaturbo
                                Even though I’m generally a non popper, I have to sometimes dispose of old ones.
                                Generally like this.

And

Both of these were over 6 months old and had been well used. Many many times.
                                Both were far too soft and oxidised for me to safely use without fear of an accidental pop during use.

So needs must.....

Tried to access the link but the Video is private

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎