Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Semipopper
    • Jun 2016

B2P Nerves

Any tips on getting over the nerves when doing a blow to pop? I've only ever done one but I'd like to be able to do more as it's my favourite way see balloons popped on video
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Re: B2P Nerves

Nut up or shut up, that's all I got just power through.

Or switch to a pump, might be easier to use a hand pump as opposed to trying to actually blow.

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Ear plugs help- especially those deadning ones for use in industrial locations..... once you've done a few like this you can skip using them

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

For me it's all about the mood. Sometimes I can do b2ps without hesitation, but usually I chicken out at the last second. I've stopped only a breath or two away from the balloon exploding several times in the last month, which is really frustrating
        As the others said, using earplugs and just blowing up the balloon without thinking about it helps.
        I guess this depends on the size of the balloon you want to pop, but for me it helped to fully inflate the balloon (I usually use 16" Uniques), either by mouth or using a pump and just do a half knot or a clip and just have it around for a bit. Then when you feel ready, you can just undo the knot and continue blowing. That way you don't have that much time to build up the anxiousness before it pops.
        Personally I prefer U16s. I try to b2p smaller balloons sometimes, but most of them gets really difficult to blow towards the end and I just give up.

Comment

• Peter P.
          • Dec 2016

Or you could attach your balloon to a hose. This way it does't burst in your face - maybe less scarey

Comment

• SRob
            • Aug 2015

Inflate a few balloons first, when you start chickening out, pop one you inflated. You'll get an adrenaline rush, and also see it isn't so loud.

Comment

• Semipopper
              • Jun 2016

Good idea SRob, definitely going to try that!

Comment

• robert
                • Jan 2017

I have the same problem i even try earplugs combine with industrial headphone still chicken out i know i will love it when i can but dont know how.
                Last edited by robert; 12-01-2017, 21:51.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by robert
                  I have the same problem i even try earplugs combine with industrial headphone still chicken out i know i will love it when i can but dont know how.
                  What size balloons are you trying with? I highly recommend 9" balloons if you're trying to do your first. They don't get nearly as big as 12" ones (which can get really huge, honestly) and tend to be thinner. They also don't take nearly as long to inflate to bursting, giving you less time to chicken out. They only get to around 12 or so inches before they pop.

Comment

• AuroraFox
                    • Nov 2015

I remember reading a piece of advice on here that I found really useful. Take whatever balloon you plan to blow to pop and start off by getting it as big as you can until you're not comfortable. Then, pick a number of breaths to blow into the balloon, something like 3 large breaths works pretty well. Blow them into the balloon as quickly as you can, while counting mentally. Many times this will allow you to fill the balloon before your brain registers that it's about to pop. It's worked well for me.

Comment

• Semipopper
                      • Jun 2016

That also sounds like a really good idea Aurora!

Comment

• SRob
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
                        What size balloons are you trying with? I highly recommend 9" balloons if you're trying to do your first. They don't get nearly as big as 12" ones (which can get really huge, honestly) and tend to be thinner. They also don't take nearly as long to inflate to bursting, giving you less time to chicken out. They only get to around 12 or so inches before they pop.
                        9" are harder than 12 for me. I can get a 9" to the point I can't blow harder and it still won't pop. I haven't had that problem with a 12".

Comment

• LoudPopper
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by AuroraFox
                          I remember reading a piece of advice on here that I found really useful. Take whatever balloon you plan to blow to pop and start off by getting it as big as you can until you're not comfortable. Then, pick a number of breaths to blow into the balloon, something like 3 large breaths works pretty well. Blow them into the balloon as quickly as you can, while counting mentally. Many times this will allow you to fill the balloon before your brain registers that it's about to pop. It's worked well for me.
                          That's how I got over my fear of BTP too! Also, you can practice balloons popping by your face by wearing eye protection. Another tip that helped me was blowing up a balloon about to is max size, and then I would use my nails. I did that a bunch of times until I got comfortable with the balloon popping so close to my face. That was when I started doing the counting thing that Aurora suggested.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎