Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Characters for a Star Wars Looner Story

I'm seriously wanting some looner fun in the galaxy far, far away.

And I wanna be clear, I want orignal characters having loony type fun, why? Well because that's more fun to me.

I'll even start us out.

H2: A specially ordered R2 astromech, pink color, feminine programming, and an internal helium tank.

Her owner refuses to give her memory wipes because she knows it would make H2 much less fun.
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: Characters for a Star Wars Looner Story

Ok! I'll play!
    H2 contains an internal tank of super cooled liquid helium for hyperbolic fuel which is used to refuel the propellant tanks of all the different ships. But H2 has an accident while refueling an x-wing fighter... there's an explosion & she's damaged. She malfunctions & now has the ability to convert the liquid helium into gas...since its now useless, poor H2 is junked & sold to the Jawas...
    Then one day during one of the Jawas' junk sales a young, female pilot approaches looking for an R2 unit to complete the ship she is building...lets call her....Luna Cloudskipper! (I know! Please indulge me!) The Jawas swindle her & dump the droid on her for a price she cant refuse. She brings H2 to her home but notices something special about the way the little droid acts...Luna's mother implores her to wipe the droid's memory but Cloudskipper refuses...there is just something about the little pink droid that she believes to be special....
    One day when working high up on a tall communications array she slips & hangs precariously from the array. H2 frantically tries to find a way to help her....she notices a bunch of red rubber bladders hanging on the side of the utility shed next to the array used to transport water as Tatooine is mostly desert.
    H2 frantically grabs one of the water bladders & inflates it to gigantic proportions, making it resemble a big, red balloon! She ties it off & floats up to Cloudskipper just as she loses her grip. She lands on the balloon belly first & holds on for dear life. The two continue to float up & start coming awfully close to the array. "Uh,oh!" She says as the the two float into the array, puncturing the balloon! They zip around the sky and land in a watering hole occupied by a bunch of banthas. They both crawl out covered in mud. She says, "Thanks little droid...you saved my life! "

"WEE, BEE, BOOP FOOWEEOO!"
    end!

Totally wrote that off the top of my head!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
      • Oct 2016

Not quite what I had in mind but a fun little story.

I was mostly looking for characters, though if you wanna elaborate on Luna I wouldn't be opposed.

Or more characters, I just wanted to do a goofy little story.

You can help if you want, like I said you did a nice little story rigjt off the top of your head.

Comment

Thanks Pink Balloon! Not a bad, cute little story if i do say so myself, tee,hee! Maybe if we work together we can knock something together! I'm assuming you want actual looning & blow to pops between the characters? I can definitely make Luna Cloudskipper more three dimensional by giving her more background...i.e. what star system she's from...friends or siblings...her origins...perhaps brief interactions with the main characters from the franchise? Its your show, baby! Lets brain storm! It can be whatever you want!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
          • Oct 2016

No need for interactions with main series characters, but if you want I suppose it would depend on time period.

Though more character traits would be a good thing.

You got any alien characters in mind?

Comment

Omg!!!! I didn't even think about alien characters! I was just reading Arthur C. Clark's 3001: the final odyssey & in chapter 30. Foamscape, he mentions these gas bag balloon creatures that float in a narrow zone in Jupiter's atmosphere between the freezing heights & scorching depths; which i thought was really cool!& moving swiftly among them were tiny creatures that resemble terrestrial aircraft that hunted them like torpedoes! quote: " But the balloons were not defenseless; some of them fought back with electric thunderbolts and with clawed tentacles like kilometer-long chainsaws." End quote...
            Perhaps something along those lines? Or maybe a female, humanoid creature that breathes helium as it's life's breath? I dunno! Maybe our artistic visions might clash,lol!

.....I wonder if Arthur C. Clark had a secret balloon fetish????

Comment

• Pink Balloon
              • Oct 2016

Star Wars already has a plethora of beings to draw from.

Comment

Oh,my, God, Pink Balloon...I'm almost overwhelmed at the variety of species in the star wars universe! Give me some ideas, Pink! I need inspiration! Maybe feminine a gastropod that self inflates into a balloon creature? Or maybe she secretes a type of fluid through her lips that solidifies when it comes into contact with air? Producing natural pink balloons out of her mouth? When i have the time i might be able to sketch some renderings ...Tell me what you're looking for!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                  • Oct 2016

I'm quite a fan of botanical species.

Especilly zelosian's.

As for a new species, maybe one from a hydrogin rich atmispheric planet that exhails helium?

Comment

Oh, yes!!!!! The botanical route! I gotcha! That makes me think of the smelly hydrogen trees in the movie, "Titan A.E. ", that floated when their trunks were severed!
                    But I'm TOTALLY for a creature from a hydrogen rich atmosphere that exhales helium! I can work with that! Hell if they actually existed, I'd want one,lol! Oh, God, I'm such a nerd!...i mean:

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                      • Oct 2016

I'd be worried though, if they exhailed helium where would that put H2?

Comment

Damn, you're absolutely right, Pink Balloon...H2 would end up just being a redundant character... H2 should be only one who exclusively produces helium...that would be more fun! but i still love the idea of some type of botanical flower that maybe produces big pink balloons? Im not a botanist...but maybe through the process of photosynthesis the flower can somehow produce its own helium? & maybe some type of "balloon creature" that produces its own hydrogen by naturally separating it from water vapor in the air & storing it in its own gas bladders? Maybe it can be domesticated & ridden! ....I dunno.... what cha think, Pink?
                        & by the way, this is by far the most fun I've had in a thread ever!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                          • Oct 2016

We're thinking far to i to this.

Let's just focus on the main point, characters in the Star Wars universe that are loons.

I beleive you still have to make a writw up of Luna.

Comment

Holy hell, i totally got carried away, lol! Sorry i get so excited easily! You're right...one thing at a time...let me focus & work on luna... I'll knock some stuff together...give her some background & personality traits & we'll go from there...

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                              • Oct 2016

Alright, hopefully more people will respond with their own too.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎