Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t17forLife
    • May 2015

Anybody here who likes country music?

And I'm talking about the old stuff. George Jones, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, George Strait, Buck Owens, etc. Not that new nonsense like Florida Georgia line or Luke Bryan.
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Re: Anybody here who likes country music?

It's one of my favorite types of music, but most of what I listen to is rock. I'm not from the south, nor am I even from the US (I'm half American), but I do love the south, and I know a thing or two about American history. I plan to move there at some point, I don't know when, and become a legitimate citizen. I've been there before, albeit when I was very, very little. I've been influenced by movies like Smokey And The Bandit (I & II) and Convoy, so I love trucking. Haulin' ass in a semi seems like fun to me.

I like some of Johnny Cash and Jerry Reed. I really don't listen to enough country.
    Although it's not country, I LOVE Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Long story short, I love country, I love trucking, I love 'Merica and everything it stands for.
    Last edited by loonerdude44; 16-01-2018, 04:20.

Comment

• Micks101
      • Jan 2017

I don't actively listen to it but have great respect for the genre, some amazing musicianship over the years!

Comment

• SusieDK
        • Dec 2017

Re: Anybody here who likes country music

Hi there,

I love country music, especially the somewhat older kind like Johnny Cash, Carlene Carter, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Alan Jackson, Dixie Chicks, Buck Owens etc. It may not deal with much other than what could be called trivial stuff like mainly love (happy and sad), loneliness, longing home etc. etc. This emotional stuff for some reason makes many people look down on country, but honestly exactly those things are what is really the ones that form our lives I think, because what would life be without these emotions? Apart from this country has so many absolutely cool guitar licks and chops. I play guitar myself, and contrary to what many seem to believe, country is not at all easy to play. Rock - which I also love - is mostly a lot easier. There is a lot of rock in country too BTW.

I am not really a super guitarist, so I have to practise alot to get it just sort of right, so maybe it’s only me who find country challenging to play with all the double stuff, hybrid picking and such. However it sounds really cool, and I love both listening to it and playing it (or at least trying to)

Country rocks

Thanks for reading my posting!

Susie
        Last edited by SusieDK; 16-01-2018, 06:09. Reason: Filing in missing word (again!!!)

Comment

• t17forLife
          • May 2015

Originally posted by loonerdude44
          It's one of my favorite types of music, but most of what I listen to is rock. I'm not from the south, nor am I even from the US (I'm half American), but I do love the south, and I know a thing or two about American history. I plan to move there at some point, I don't know when, and become a legitimate citizen. I've been there before, albeit when I was very, very little. I've been influenced by movies like Smokey And The Bandit (I & II) and Convoy, so I love trucking. Haulin' ass in a semi seems like fun to me.

I like some of Johnny Cash and Jerry Reed. I really don't listen to enough country.
          Although it's not country, I LOVE Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Long story short, I love country, I love trucking, I love 'Merica and everything it stands for.
          I prefer to fantasize about the life of the American cowboy and the small towns, although I sometimes pretend that my compact SUV is a big truck and soon I will be driving a 26' diesel truck with 6 wheels (just 12 more?).

Originally posted by SusieDK
          Hi there,

I love country music, especially the somewhat older kind like Johnny Cash, Carlene Carter, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Alan Jackson, Dixie Chicks, Buck Owens etc. It may not deal with much other than what could be called trivial stuff like mainly love (happy and sad), loneliness, longing home etc. etc. This emotional stuff for some reason makes many people look down on country, but honestly exactly those things are what is really the ones that form our lives I think, because what would life be without these emotions? Apart from this country has so many absolutely cool guitar licks and chops. I play guitar myself, and contrary to what many seem to believe, country is not at all easy to play. Rock - which I also love - is mostly a lot easier. There is a lot of rock in country too BTW.

I am not really a super guitarist, so I have to practise alot to get it just sort of right, so maybe it’s only me who find country challenging to play with all the double stuff, hybrid picking and such. However it sounds really cool, and I love both listening to it and playing it (or at least trying to)

Country rocks

Thanks for reading my posting!

Susie
          That's what I like about the genre. Alan Jackson is good too.

What guitar do you play? I'm looking into picking up the instrument soon and I'm trying to get advice beforehand.

Check this song out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiQr95vhm0
          The people in the video are some friends of mine that wrote it. If anyone is interested, I've got a good deal on their CD's that have some great music on them (covers and original).
          Last edited by t17forLife; 16-01-2018, 06:29.

Comment

• SusieDK
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by t17forLife

That's what I like about the genre. Alan Jackson is good too.

What guitar do you play? I'm looking into picking up the instrument soon and I'm trying to get advice beforehand.

Check this song out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiQr95vhm0
            The people in the video are some friends of mine that wrote it. If anyone is interested, I've got a good deal on their CD's that have some great music on them (covers and original).
            I have a Fender Tele and a Fender acoustic. They are both wonderful guitars, but I love the Tele the most. It has the coolest twangy sound. It is natural colored btw.

I love the harmonies in the chorus of the song. I wish I could sing like that!

I would think I could play the song without all too much practising, but the harmony singing . . . That’s just too cool.

Thanks for sharing!

Knus (means hugs in Danish)
            Susie

Comment

• scuba
              • Jan 2017

I love country music. Both the old stuff and the new stuff. I can't really say that I have a favorite band, but Carth Brooks is one of my favorite's.
              In 2008 I saw Kevin Costner And The Old West when they visited Skive in Denmark.
              It was a good concert.

Comment

• t17forLife
                • May 2015

I have a Fender Tele and a Fender acoustic. They are both wonderful guitars, but I love the Tele the most. It has the coolest twangy sound. It is natural colored btw.

I love the harmonies in the chorus of the song. I wish I could sing like that!

I would think I could play the song without all too much practising, but the harmony singing . . . That’s just too cool.

Thanks for sharing!

Knus (means hugs in Danish)
                Susie
                I have a friend who is selling one of those Telecasters for a good price and I'm looking into buying it. I've heard though that it is "harder to play" than many other electric guitars, but I'm not sure how much of that is truth or not.

About the song: It's one of my favorite of all time, and my favorite that they do. When I've seen them play live, that chorus packs even more punch than in the video. Here's a link to the album version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejLt2HgF8I

Comment

• SusieDK
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by t17forLife
                  I have a friend who is selling one of those Telecasters for a good price and I'm looking into buying it. I've heard though that it is "harder to play" than many other electric guitars, but I'm not sure how much of that is truth or not.

About the song: It's one of my favorite of all time, and my favorite that they do. When I've seen them play live, that chorus packs even more punch than in the video. Here's a link to the album version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejLt2HgF8I
                  A Tele is very easy to play, definately just as easy as the Strat and also as the Gibson SG and Les Paul. I plyed an SG earlier, and the Tele is just as easy to play - and has a much cooler sound for country. Both my SG and my Tele are US made and really really nicely made. I hardly ever play the SG anymore, but for overdrive sounds it sounds a little better maybe, but I don’t play much heavy music. I cannot get it over my heart to sell my old SG though. I have no idea how anybody should claim the Tele being harder to play - maybe they have tried one with really heavy duty strings. I use light or extra light strings, and even with those soft strings my Tele still maintains its cool twangy sound.

Just try out the guitar and judge for yourself though. I may be somewhat biased from being kind of in love with my guitars.

Susie xx

Comment

• t17forLife
                    • May 2015

A Tele is very easy to play, definately just as easy as the Strat and also as the Gibson SG and Les Paul. I plyed an SG earlier, and the Tele is just as easy to play - and has a much cooler sound for country. Both my SG and my Tele are US made and really really nicely made. I hardly ever play the SG anymore, but for overdrive sounds it sounds a little better maybe, but I don’t play much heavy music. I cannot get it over my heart to sell my old SG though. I have no idea how anybody should claim the Tele being harder to play - maybe they have tried one with really heavy duty strings. I use light or extra light strings, and even with those soft strings my Tele still maintains its cool twangy sound.

Just try out the guitar and judge for yourself though. I may be somewhat biased from being kind of in love with my guitars.

Susie xx
                    Looking back on it, they might have been referring to the country genre being "cleaner" ie less distorted and more revealing of mistakes.

Comment

• Steve_inflator
                      • Aug 2013

I also like country music from that era, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Johnny Horton, Marty Robbins, the list goes on and on. My taste in music is any genre except for electronica or trance (computerised stuff).

Comment

• Enigma
                        • Aug 2017

Country Music is so soothing to me. No wonder I hear people listen to in cars restaurants, etc. It makes people feel positive, good, and fun. Country music to me it's about good memories on earth even the world is so unforgiving.

You have lost someone like a friend, family member, pets, anyone or anything. When you turn on a country music with famous musicians and singers sing about their experience in their life of struggle. It all about moving forward, stay strong, humble, stay positive.

Also, I like listening to any country musicians.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Does Taylor Swift count????

Comment

• t17forLife
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                            Does Taylor Swift count????
                            Before 2012 or so? Perhaps by modern standards. She had a few good songs back in the day.
                            Since then? NO!

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Unh!
                              Look what you made me do!
                              Look what you made me do!
                              Look what you made me do, look-at-what- you-just-made-me-do!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎