Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerHans
    • Oct 2018

Reasons behind this fetish being called weird

Actually I had posted this as a reply in the next gen looner thread but somehow it's not showing up. Therefore I decided to post as an independent thread. Do tell me if you guys agree with me or not.

I too feel proud about my fetish since it non invasive. Apart from other fetishes which are really bizarre (amputee and scat fetish) and most of them require physical contact with the opposite sex; compared to such things, balloon fetish is more friendly and can be accepted easily lest the person in front of u should be open minded. As a matter of tendency we try to reveal our fetish in front of our female counterparts (friends or girlfriends) but sadly, majority of them exclaim "eww" and "uggh" , "that's fucked up" or "it's gross".

I don't know what do they think about us looners in their mind. But based on some of my experiences I've postulated a few reasons:

1. Due to the increasing demand of maturity from our society, people try to behave mature and things which may look childish are considered taboo if used after a certain age (for e.g balloons). Why I reached this fact? See, nobody cares why a young kid is buying a balloon. But people might surely raise an eyebrow if a grown up, say a man in his 30s buys some balloons.

2. GIRLS LOVE BALLOONS. Yes. They do. But as I said in the above point, maturity. It all starts from the home and the peer group. At home parents would be continuously nagging a girl or a boy for their childish desires after they hit a certain age of puberty. And when it is about balloons, you are continuously being told that balloons are for kids and u are a grown up now. This creates a complexity in them irrespective of them being a looner or not.

3. Too much of self dignity also leads to hatred towards this fetish. Do we looners openly accept our fetish? No! Do we even show ourselves? Hell no! Why?? Coz we are afraid tht this fetish might soil our dignity and people may term us a weirdo. And it does happen. I've been a victim of it many a times.

And why does all this happen?? Refer to the points 1 & 2. You will get your answer.

There is a need of a widespread movement for balloon fetish acceptance as the LGBT community did. Then only people will be cleared of misconceptions and would be able to accept us as human beings too.

What do you think looners?

Regards
    (I'm still hiding my identity lol)
    Last edited by LoonerHans; 09-11-2018, 07:15. Reason: Mnor correction
    NECKING IS AWESOME!
  • WannabePopper
    • Oct 2018

Re: Reasons behind this fetish being called weird

Good post here.

Your general theme concerning the whole "maturity" aspect is totally accurate here. It is a major detractor for some people when learning about this fetish.

I would even take it a step further that often the general public's association with balloons is often so closely linked to childhood (immaturity) that there is a very dangerous false perception to think that balloon fetishists are, or want to be, children, or are generally very immature people. Morever, there is also the ABSOLUTE WORST false connection that they actually want to be with children.

These misjudged falsehoods have bothered me for years, and are probably the reason most looners are not very open with people. It would be easier, I think, to be open about a more well known fetish e.g feet, smoking etc. without the false labeling of a 'childhood fetish'.

What little media attention balloon fetishism has gotten has not served the community well, to say the least. The guy who considers balloons "people" and thinks they "die" if popped comes to mind

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
      • Mar 2016

Yeah, naturally, they pick the worst possible examples because ratings.

Comment

• Dude1234
        • Sep 2017

I agree with everything Said so far I would like to add that I think the fact it's a fetish tends to make people freak out when they here about it. I would love to to start a lgbt type community for us looners campaigning for aceptence and just general awareness of it. Doing things like changing public perception of us if I could hide my identity I would totally be a spokesperson. On a side note we can help the environment if people instead of throwing away balloons give them to us and we repurpose them

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

The faulty association between balloons and childhood/children is what unnerves me the most.

Another contributing misconception, I think, is that one who loves balloons in such a manner is incapable of normal social interaction or relationships. While this may be true for some, it should not be an assumption right off the bat. Of course, the media tends to hone in on such people (“An individual who can elequently describe his fetish and integrate it into his everyday life and relationships? How boring!”), which does not help.

The reality is that most, if not all, fetishes incorporate a wide spectrum of people, and of course they will include people who are level-headed, clingy, respectful, creepy, rational, obsessive...and everywhere in between! Basically, the list goes on.

I am a bit wary of the idea of a public awareness campaign. On the one hand, it would be wonderful to be recognized in the overall kink/fetish community (though I have no idea what the current status of that is). On the other hand, I do not think awareness in the general public is necessary unless, again, it was about general fetishes/kinks and the acceptance of them. That way, we’d be “joining forces” with a wider range of people.

Plus, something that the OP said caught my attention. Although I agree that a balloon fetish is relatively harmless (and I’m thankful for that!), I wouldn’t want to get into a competition with other fetishes.

At the end of the day, I think personal conduct and communication is what’ll make the difference. Yes, it’s true that the TV shows impart a negative image, but I believe that can be overcome by personal understanding and communication. To be honest, I am guilty of saying things to my S.O. like, “I’m glad I’m not like that one guy on TV,” in reference to someone who has shared his story about being “in a relationship” with balloons or something else I can’t understand.

So how will you present yourself in-person? Maybe even online? Personally, I think this is an important question to consider. Of course, my aversion to attention could be swaying my opinion. I am rather private about my fetish, and so I’ve hardly had to deal with the results of putting myself out there. Is that a good thing, that I keep it private? In my opinion, yes, but I can understand how that defeats the purpose of this discussion.

As for the looning community: I do admire those looners who share their stories, including those who choose to do so anonymously. I believe this helps those who have searched out the community and are looking for reassurance.

I look forward to considering this further!
          Last edited by BYGavia; 09-11-2018, 22:23. Reason: Added a disclaimer of sorts

Comment

• LoonerHans
            • Oct 2018

I appreciate all your views.

1. For WannabePopper

The point you added is excellent one. People tend to associate balloon fetish with children and eventually end up in concluding us as pedophiles. That's sooo wrong! Every fetish has been regarded as taboo in medias. No fetish has been shown as harmless and fun. As u said about foot fetish (I have this one), many tend to cross the line and invade the personal dignity. For eg. There have been cases of foot fetishists who used to smell women's feet in library going under the tables without their consent and gets caught, school teacher sniffing little children's feet as a part of a game, etc. Hence these cases push people towards the undesired conclusion that all fetishes are weird and lastly fetishists are weirdos.

2.For ThatOneLooner

That's what media does! We just can't do anything abt it. All the documentaries regarding iur fetish resulted in bizarre conclusions rather than awareness. Thnx to the media: now people have started looking towards balloons as a perverted sex toy.

3.For Dude1234

I would love to be a part of such campaign. That's what I asked for. Unfortunately only u hav talked abt this. This movement is strongly needed and not only for balloons but for our dignity too. I think we need to post a new thread regarding this campaign?

Regards
            NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• LoonerHans
              • Oct 2018

I do agree with u BlueYoshi. But sometimes people just get messed up with their thoughts and hence end up saying something which sounds too unnatural and artsy. It is a normal human tendency that if u wanna explain something new to someone u would choose the best combination of words and would try to impress the person with your views. That's what happened to the guy who said being in relationship with balloons.

Regarding the movement for balloon fetish, we need to know more abt other looners' views on it. If hands raise in majority for it, then it will launch soon.

Regards
              NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• BYGavia
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dude1234
                On a side note we can help the environment if people instead of throwing away balloons give them to us and we repurpose them
                Actually, I kinda like this idea. Imagine decorator companies selling their used balloons at a lower rate, or maybe selling them to fetish sites to sell to us.

Comment

• BYGavia
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by LoonerHans
                  I do agree with u BlueYoshi. But sometimes people just get messed up with their thoughts and hence end up saying something which sounds too unnatural and artsy. It is a normal human tendency that if u wanna explain something new to someone u would choose the best combination of words and would try to impress the person with your views. That's what happened to the guy who said being in relationship with balloons.
                  I agree; it is difficult to come out to anybody.

Regarding the movement for balloon fetish, we need to know more abt other looners' views on it. If hands raise in majority for it, then it will launch soon.
                  Though I am (currently) neutral on that vote, I believe any sort of positivity, whether it occurs within the looner community or in the general public, could benefit people like us, particularly those of younger generations. I will be following this topic...

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
                    • Mar 2016

One thing though is that I think with the rise of pinterest and the DIY craze, balloons, especially big ones, are actually kinda trendy now. Which is why they’re becoming more widely available. You can buy 36 inch balloons at Walmart now! (Which, of course, I brought up in my story.)

Comment

• LoonerHans
                      • Oct 2018

Lol! U r right ThatOneLoooner. I would love to see some viral b2p game. But the thing is who will start?

BlueYoshi. I'm also from younger generation bro. I'm just 21.
                      NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• Dude1234
                        • Sep 2017

Blueyoshi if it happened it wouldn't be a big campaign or anything like that I feel I should of worded it better. If I were to be presenting it it would be more internet based but would be open to things like interviews at the moment it would have to be a website as I don't have a place to record videos if someone else was to do it i feel a YouTube channel with a website would be ideal if I had a place to record this is also how I would do it. The topics would be a lot of What s on this thread and insights to what we do if you have any ideas to add to this or anything that could be done better post it i am private about it to but I would like it to be less weird so that people could do things like balloon reviews for lioness and tips and tricks channels i also would personally like companies like qualatex to interact with us perhaps a blog mabye or comes for looners to design prints for them but it probably wouldn't happen just a dream.

Loonerhans DM me if you are serious about this I would like to discuss this further and you seem the most onboard with it I also think you should post a poll saying something of the lines of would you want a small campaign about making our fetish less freaky and would you participate again DM me so we can discuss this further and come out with a thread with pole presenting the idea to our community and gauging interest

That one looner I noticed this to and also a rise in loon DIY videos and loon asmr videos

Everybody feel free to post your ideas and thoughts on this

Comment

• BYGavia
                          • Dec 2017

I see. Thank you, that makes a lot of sense now. I like where you’re going with it.

LoonerHans: Cool, I’m not much older than you. I suppose I’m relatively young.

Comment

• Dude1234
                            • Sep 2017

I do apologize for not writing better it's a bad habit of mine I will let you know if anything comes of it it's honestly just to make people think it's just another looner and part of there sexualitie and mabye be as apcepted as the LGBT community it's 2018 I think it people should think nothing of it and plus I'm tired of bottling it up like I bottle my like for frozen I just want to let it go I would also love to review balloons and be a balloon photographer. This forum is my equivalent of therapy so that's why I talk so much. I am younger than both of you lol I'm considered an adult in my place of residence

Comment

• LoonerHans
                              • Oct 2018

In case anybody wants to get in touch with me.
                              Hans Rick is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Hans Rick and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Feel free to msg me
                              NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡