X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: Reliable Balloon Sources

Originally posted by albertcerruti
    Just wondering if there is a local place to purchase any TT crystals 17 in Australia?
    In the US at least, I can order them from Amazon (try searching for Maple City Rubber, they're the parent company for the tuftex brand), otherwise many of the shops in the list ship internationally (but it will likely be more expensive and take longer). I'd recommend Balloons United or Nordic Looners, both stock tuftex.

Comment

• albertcerruti
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by OverTheTop
      In the US at least, I can order them from Amazon (try searching for Maple City Rubber, they're the parent company for the tuftex brand), otherwise many of the shops in the list ship internationally (but it will likely be more expensive and take longer). I'd recommend Balloons United or Nordic Looners, both stock tuftex.
      Thanks...seems Australia stores don't seem to stock tuftex =( I've been purchasing my internationally and it cost a fair bit =(

Comment

• Davidblack
        You blow, I’ll watch.
        • Jul 2017

Face to face is fine. Write down your needs and put them on a clip board. Then it looks like you are buying for the company marketing guys. Some real pleasure to be had in the face to face world.

I agree orders from Germany are pricey (especially for us non poppers) I have got over 250 from Balloons United still including their own logged balloons. Had to buy so many to justify the shipping cost.

Comment

• t17forLife
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Davidblack
          Face to face is fine. Write down your needs and put them on a clip board. Then it looks like you are buying for the company marketing guys. Some real pleasure to be had in the face to face world.

I agree orders from Germany are pricey (especially for us non poppers) I have got over 250 from Balloons United still including their own logged balloons. Had to buy so many to justify the shipping cost.
          Great concept. A clipboard does help in making it look like you belong in certain places. I'll have to try that sometime.

I usually just buy stuff locally, since I like the smaller balloons. I'll just go to a place like Walmart and buy a bunch of random things I need, and the like 5 packs of balloons. Self-checkout, of course.

Comment

• frankfrank
            Empathetic Harmonizer
            • Feb 2018

Those all look like nice balloons. THIRTY punchballs for $7.95 on Amazon? Amazin'

Whoever makes any of the balloons that are distributed out of Goodlettsville, Tennessee...those are marvelous and strong balloons. DOLLAR GENERAL is the place...good source for those who live in smaller cities that are nowhere close to Party City.

These balloons at Dollar General (also including the 24 inchers non-fluted) can hold my bouncing weight, near 200 pounds, "forever." The 16 inch rated punchballs can inflate MUCH larger...more like 30 inches or so when they're also necked.
            People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• mustangnut
              • Jul 2017

Has anyone from the states ordered from balloons united? if so were you guys charged any significant tax duties?

I usually order from Kaboom but their stocks are quite limited these days

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mustangnut
                Has anyone from the states ordered from balloons united? if so were you guys charged any significant tax duties?

I usually order from Kaboom but their stocks are quite limited these days
                I've probably ordered from Balloons United more than any other site. Being in the US, you don't get charged VAT, but the shipping is more expensive. I've never had any extra charges from customs or anything - I think it's included in the shipping.

Comment

• mustangnut
                  • Jul 2017

is kaboom possibility going out of business?, I received an email of them having a sale of 15% off all remaining inventory, sounds a but ominous.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
                    • Jan 2017

is kaboom possibility going out of business?, I received an email of them having a sale of 15% off all remaining inventory, sounds a but ominous.
                    I hope not. But at the same time there's not really a lot left on their website...

Comment

• OverTheTop
                      • Dec 2013

I wouldn't be surprised. Their prices have always been high compared to other resellers, despite extra for international shipping.

Comment

• BYGavia
                        • Dec 2017

Yup, these are the real deal. Standard White Q24s. Quality seems all right. Although, it could be my imagination, but it seems like the later batches of Q24s were never up to par with earlier batches. At any rate, this really are Qualatex brand.

Bear in mind: if you’re uneasy about receiving a package with the name of a seller that evokes “party supplies,” you may want to skip this.

Comment

• HeaveToo
                          • Nov 2018

Check out Brand the World. You can google it and come up with the link. I found them to be cheapest after shipping for Tuftex 24"

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
                            https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S4QK98..._oYY5BbBW27Y0Y

Yup, these are the real deal. Standard White Q24s. Quality seems all right. Although, it could be my imagination, but it seems like the later batches of Q24s were never up to par with earlier batches. At any rate, this really are Qualatex brand.

Bear in mind: if you’re uneasy about receiving a package with the name of a seller that evokes “party supplies,” you may want to skip this.
                            Bought one. Can confirm, they're legit.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                              • Nov 2018

A few months back there was a question about jennyloons. I've ordered from them once and can confirm that they are good. Another German-run Looner site. Unmarked packing, if that is important. (For awhile, they had imprinted GL 700 with their logo, which I love.)

I've also had very good luck with bargainballoons.com, which is based in Canada. They have started carrying Tuftex balloons (whoo hoo), as well as BSA, CTI, and Qtex. Good selection of imprints and large balloons. I've used them many times. Their shipping costs to the US are very reasonable.

Ballooncountry in the US (South Carolina) has a large collection of Tuftex, up to 60 inch. Brody's balloons, based outside of Chicago, carries lots of Qtex, Metallic, some Tuftex, and a large collection of climb-in balloons. Both of those are reliable, but their shipping costs are higher.

Finally, I just ordered from larocksmagic, which has both Qtex and Betallic. Fast and fine.

Note: The last batch of sites tend to use old Qtex boxes to ship, so they aren't as private as jenny loons, balloons-united, or loonerworld; but they are faster and cheaper for North Americans.

One more note. If you love Tuftex as much as I do, it is really important to order from a site that sends fresh ones. (I got burned once on old ones that smelled bad and popped easily). I think all of these sites have fast turnover and fresh balloons.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                                A few months back there was a question about jennyloons. I've ordered from them once and can confirm that they are good. Another German-run Looner site. Unmarked packing, if that is important. (For awhile, they had imprinted GL 700 with their logo, which I love.)

I've also had very good luck with bargainballoons.com, which is based in Canada. They have started carrying Tuftex balloons (whoo hoo), as well as BSA, CTI, and Qtex. Good selection of imprints and large balloons. I've used them many times. Their shipping costs to the US are very reasonable.

Ballooncountry in the US (South Carolina) has a large collection of Tuftex, up to 60 inch. Brody's balloons, based outside of Chicago, carries lots of Qtex, Metallic, some Tuftex, and a large collection of climb-in balloons. Both of those are reliable, but their shipping costs are higher.

Finally, I just ordered from larocksmagic, which has both Qtex and Betallic. Fast and fine.

Note: The last batch of sites tend to use old Qtex boxes to ship, so they aren't as private as jenny loons, balloons-united, or loonerworld; but they are faster and cheaper for North Americans.

One more note. If you love Tuftex as much as I do, it is really important to order from a site that sends fresh ones. (I got burned once on old ones that smelled bad and popped easily). I think all of these sites have fast turnover and fresh balloons.
                                For now I added just Jennyloons - bargain balloons is already in the list, and you mentioned the issues with old stock with the others.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎