Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heliumlooner
    • Feb 2017

Abandoning

Has anyone ever tried leaving a balloon somewhere and watching from a distance what happens to it for research purposes I usually do this in shopping malls at non busy times, when I'm sure that no one I know will see me " conducting research ". My god is it ever exiting I usually use balloons that I acquire from restaurants or whatever place, mainly I like to play around with the house keeping lady's I hate it when someone picks it up and just walks away. However the house keeping ladys I love the way they deal with the balloons I purposely put them in a place where they would find them. Its kind of interesting to see who walks past and who gives their attention to the balloon and how much attention they give it. Pretty dangerous however I do put the balloon in a place where no one would exactly find out what I'm doing like on top of a garbage can where it looks like I intended to dispose of it or I usually act as if I forgot about it somewhere. Do any of you guys do this ?
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Re: Abandoning

No I haven't done this, but yesterday I was in the shopping centre having a burger and a lady with a kid in the high chair having their McDonald close by. Stuffed in the pushchair was a red balloon with a rather tightly inflated neck. Finished my burger off I went to a shop (which coincidentally sells balloon) to enhance my stock. Coming out I see the lady, kid & all, gone but there on the highchair against the wall was the red balloon. I passed by a couple of times looking and wondering if I had the courage to take it. I had no idea you are the person who left it there. You sure have caught me RED handed. I'll have to be more careful in future & try and find where you are watching from.

Comment

• loonerdude44
      Inflatable Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

I don't really go out in public, with balloons or otherwise. If I did, they'd stay with me and that's that.

Comment

• Danishlooner
        • Jan 2018

A couple of times i have left some tight q16s in public restrooms in My town. I never know what happens to Them, but I like to keep it to My imagination :-D
        Attached Files

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

Not exactly the same thing, but I recall watching YouTube videos where someone would blow up a balloon and bat it out their second or third story window to watch where it would land on the avenue below. That's something I would love to do if I never got caught.

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

When I was a kid I used to. Not really anymore.
            Closest to it was when I was a lowly Private in the Army I dated a girl stationed at my base (with a superior rank, actually) that was one of the few I have ever shared my balloon "thing" with. Anyway, we went for breakfast all the time (on our own time, in our civilian clothes) at the beginning of our leave and went to this same restaurant in Edmonton. She always kept balloons in her purse. After breakfast while waiting for the bill she'd pull one out and blow it up. We'd leave it on the seat and as we paid for the meal at the till and the waitress that cleaned our table would sometimes play with it.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

I don't leave balloons around, as I'd consider it akin to littering. (What happens if your balloon, doesn't get taken? What happens if someone just pops it?) What you leave behind, someone else has to clear-up. Especially in shopping malls and precincts. It's littering. It all has to be dealt with, and ultimately, that person will be someone who neither has the time, nor patience to be dealing with your random acts of weirdness. It's a hassle, and a pain in the arse! So, please, don't do it!

And on top of this, if you're then watching to see what happens, if you DO leave a balloon behind, you're getting dangerously close in most countries to voyeurism! I'm sorry, but this is just so wrong, on so many levels. It's littering, and it's pervy (and not in a cool way)! Oh, and most malls/precincts have good security, and you'll be on camera "leaving your balloons behind". So don't think that no one will see you, or deceive yourself into thinking you won't get caught. I can guarantee you will. Security staff who man the cameras/CCTV can spot a balloon a mile-off, and they'll spot you too!

Men, don't do this, especially if you're looking to see if a lady "interacts" with it.

And even if a lady does interact with it, are you then going to follow them, too? Now you're getting close to stalking and harrasement!

Seriously, this is just the kind of "dodgy" behaviour that gives looner and men in general a bad name. It makes everyone look bad, and makes all of us look like weirdos, freaks and perverts, and it's behaviour I want nothing to do with.

If you wouldn't want someone doing it to you, then please don't do it to others!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎