Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

The sudden urge to pop

Flashback to my high school years. I had recently made my first online balloon purchase – a bag of 25 standard blue Q24 balloons. By the time I'd made my way through several balloons, I had gotten brave enough to inflate them to their rated size, and soon found how strong they could really be. Naturally, they ended up becoming makeshift chairs, and so I'd have a few lying about that were stretched out a bit.

One day, I was sitting on my bed with one that was probably a week old, at least. At some point, I noticed the region around the knot seemed a bit thin. I can't quite explain what happened next: I stood up from the edge of the bed, placed the balloon where I had sat, and sat hard on it. Of course, the thing burst, but I don't remember having my usual second or two of confusion. I seemed to know full well what would happen.

Here's what I believe to be an important factor: my younger brother was in the room with me. When I bought my first large balloons, I hadn't even thought about the concept of stowing them away. My first Q24 purchase was passed off as "some cool thing I saw online—giant balloons!" (which was the truth, to be fair. Obviously, I'm much more covert now... )

I'm a strict non-popper, primarily due to my aversion to the bang. Though I feel neither sad nor angry when a balloon pops, I don't purposefully pop them. My theory is that it was some adrenaline rush that bypassed the sexual factor and went straight for, "Hey, this is fun, and I'm not afraid!"

Have any other non-poppers experienced this, particularly when among other people? I'm curious because it was a one-time thing for me.
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Re: The sudden urge to pop

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
    Flashback to my high school years. I had recently made my first online balloon purchase – a bag of 25 standard blue Q24 balloons. By the time I'd made my way through several balloons, I had gotten brave enough to inflate them to their rated size, and soon found how strong they could really be. Naturally, they ended up becoming makeshift chairs, and so I'd have a few lying about that were stretched out a bit.

One day, I was sitting on my bed with one that was probably a week old, at least. At some point, I noticed the region around the knot seemed a bit thin. I can't quite explain what happened next: I stood up from the edge of the bed, placed the balloon where I had sat, and sat hard on it. Of course, the thing burst, but I don't remember having my usual second or two of confusion. I seemed to know full well what would happen.

Here's what I believe to be an important factor: my younger brother was in the room with me. When I bought my first large balloons, I hadn't even thought about the concept of stowing them away. My first Q24 purchase was passed off as "some cool thing I saw online—giant balloons!" (which was the truth, to be fair. Obviously, I'm much more covert now... )

I'm a strict non-popper, primarily due to my aversion to the bang. Though I feel neither sad nor angry when a balloon pops, I don't purposefully pop them. My theory is that it was some adrenaline rush that bypassed the sexual factor and went straight for, "Hey, this is fun, and I'm not afraid!"

Have any other non-poppers experienced this, particularly when among other people? I'm curious because it was a one-time thing for me.
    Personally for me I feel sadness when it happens, I never do it on purpose, I've really only had a balloon pop on me when it was overinflated (by accident, I had no idea how much the cheap chinese made balloons could take) or had weak spots somewhere.
    I will admit that although it gives me a feeling of sadness and grief, but I do enjoy the adrenaline rush. That's the only aspect I enjoy, when your heart starts pumping hard. Maybe that's why I play terrifying horror games from time to time.

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

Well, if I'm being honest with myself, I guess I sometimes feel...disappointment when a balloon that I particularly admire pops.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Yes, absolutely...sometimes i loon at my buddy's house in front of his girlfriend (she loves to watch) & there are times when I just get the urge to just randomly pop a balloon in a completely non- sexual way for the very same reason : Its fun! & its funny when others jump at the sound! That being said im a semi popper/ popper....Some times I'll have blown up balloons just rolling around my carpet for days at a time & while i can get attached to them; the moment they pop will usually make me sad for about two seconds. Then i just blow up some more!

Its funny because sometimes when im playing i say to myself, "Don't pop, don't pop, dont pop!" As im getting rough, but at the same time another part of me says , " you know you wanna pop!"

Thanks for sharing, BlueYoshi! Cool story

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

Damn, that's gotta be a rush!

It definitely makes sense if you're a semi-popper. I could see myself becoming one of those someday.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Oh, hell ya!
            Ya gotta love it!

Comment

• scuba
              • Jan 2017

As you all probably know l like to take my Gl1200's out to float on. So when one of them pops it usually means that I have to get a new one or me getting wet and have to swim. And I always get annoyed when it happens.
              Also if one of my other balloons pop I get a bit annoyed and sad especially if it is a bigger and more expensive one. The smaller ones like the modeling balloons I some times use, I just pop when I'm done playing with them.
              So I guess that you could call me a non/ semi popper.

Comment

• Micks101
                • Jan 2017

I can so relate to this - I am a non-popper but i wouldn't say I dislike the occasional pop. I have certainly popped balloons at times where I have just wanted a bit more of a rush, not necessarily for sexual climax or anything as I am generally way past that point when I am thinking of popping haha.

Comment

• Barcelona33
                  • Sep 2017

Hi.

I do not know if this thread would be the most appropriate place to write the following, but I feel somewhat identified and confused.

I have a great time inflating balloons and playing with them squeezing them so that their necks are well formed, but I detest unintentional pop; Very rarely I look for a pop or I try expressly, with a blow to pop or with my inflator, something that does not usually go well and I can not finish it out of fear.

By repeatedly using a balloon, there comes a point where I usually detect that it will not last much longer, because the latex has become weak and it will not be safe to continue using it without accidentally exploding; this is a problem due to my situation, at home I can not afford an accidental pop with my parents, it would be discovered and I should give some kind of uncomfortable explanation; On the other hand, I hate to throw a balloon in the trash without using it properly and that means to blow it up, I usually use my electric pump from a certain distance for it, in the time that the house is without my parents and brother.

poper ... semi-poper I do not know where I would categorize this ...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎