Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Re: Custom Dragon!

Working things out with the manufacturer now. Bypassed the company and went straight to the factory manager

Comment

• uwa
      • Jul 2016

I can't see your pictures yet because I'm a new member, but... in talking with your supplier/manufacturer, have they given you design guidelines, or even just a few "we can make this kind of shape, but we can't make this kind of shape" tips?

I just ordered my first big inflatable over Alibaba, and being a 3d modeler, I'm already kind of interested in designing my own in the future. I'm just not sure where to begin, what sorts of curves require what kind of seam work, etc.

Oh, and - you said "inflatable" and "dragon" in the same paragraph, so I'm probably interested too :3

Comment

• Jkloon
        • Aug 2013

Because it's similar to the PuffyPaws Zenith I'm working out permissions. PuffyPaws is just terrible at responding to emails. If I get permission then it's a go. Considering that other similar dragons have been produced I assume PuffyPaws is okay with it. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated!!

Comment

• uwa
          • Jul 2016

Good luck with them - or I hope at least their silence is enough to determine that they're not challenging your work! :S

Comment

• Jkloon
            • Aug 2013

So, PuffyPaws has decided that they are going to re-run the Zenith dragon. I assume this means that they won't want any competition and may not grant me permission to produce my design. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

• Jkloon
              • Aug 2013

Additionally, I have inquired about what changes would have to be made in order for them to produce it without requiring permission from PuffyPaws. As always, I'll keep you updated!

Comment

• Jkloon
                • Aug 2013

I made contact with PuffyPaws and am in communication with them. They gave permission for one or two to be produced, and asked if I'd wanted to make more. Working things out now.

Comment

• Jkloon
                  • Aug 2013

The dragon will not be produced upon request of PuffyPaws, I'm working on more designs and appreciate your enthusiasm. I've got a new design that I'm waiting on for approval that I personally like more than the old one. Will upload pics soon. (Can't figure out how to do a mobile upload).

Comment

• Jkloon
                    • Aug 2013

Here's my new design
                    Attached Files

Comment

• new2inflate
                      • May 2016

I dig the look; same size as the original design?

Comment

• Jkloon
                        • Aug 2013

Same size, once again waiting on the manufacturer

Comment

• Jkloon
                          • Aug 2013

Okay everyone, it has been a long and arduous process, but I finally have some ideas on a timeline and probable production. The manufacturer I am working with will give me a price estimate in late January of next year, after the Chinese new year when prices are likely to change. The image above (titled Dominus-colour-blue) is the dragon being produced and will likely require no modification for production. It looks like this is finally happening guys and I'm so excited. I will create a google form and post it here and other forums when I get the price estimate. Try and drum up some excitement wherever you can, the more orders I get the more likely it is that the production cost will go down and I can give a rebate.

Comment

• new2inflate
                            • May 2016

Any word back on this? I forgot to check back in January, but I'm curious to see if your project got off the ground (i.e. opened pre-orders).

Comment

• Jkloon
                              • Aug 2013

I'm still working on things. Jet creations is no longer working with new clients, which slowed things down a bit. Instead I'm working with PuffyPaws toys!! If you're interested in updates, check out DominusInflatables on Twitter! Right now my design is just being finalized and updated by somebody who works with PuffyPaws so that I can go to production. Here are the unofficial designs! https://drive.google.com/folderview?...GM4UW5zZzZZblE

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎