Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

27 inch balloons

Not terribly long ago, I purchased a pack of 27" paddle-shaped Chinese balloons. I wanted to share my thoughts on them and see whether anyone else had experience with them.

As one may infer, quality is pretty sketchy, but about two-thirds of them appear okay. The color assortment is...interesting. Red, yellow, green, blue, and...one black. Strangely, most reds were translucent, but I recently found a red one that's apparently opaque and slightly larger. The blue balloons appear most consistent for some reason — perhaps just luck of the draw.

They get quite big, rivaling the Q24 in size, but certainly not rivals in strength. My first experience with one (once I found one without holes or weak spots) saw me on top of it; having inflated a crystal red roughly to 26-27", the soft latex felt amazing, and the sight of the neck bulging out was quite exciting. That said, I was barely bouncing, and I didn't expect it to hold up to very rough play. It did eventually pop on me at a later date, after I had reinflated it (albeit to a smaller size) and bounced a bit too roughly.

I'd recommend them if you're on a budget, but be prepared to test your luck on quality. I can't speak for poppers, but nonpoppers should really enjoy them — just check them all for weak spots/holes before and during inflation.

Has anyone else tried these?

(P.S.: I'll try and get some photos up later)
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: 27 inch balloons

Inflated enough to ride and pop the neck out.
    Attached Files

Comment

• BusterBill
      Founder, Balloon Buddies
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
      Not terribly long ago, I purchased a pack of 27" paddle-shaped Chinese balloons. I wanted to share my thoughts on them and see whether anyone else had experience with them.
      Has anyone else tried these?
      There are multiple Chinese manufacturers of 27" and 36" paddle balloons. There is also at least one Chinese manufacturer that makes 36" fluted (non paddle) round balloons in solid colors.

The quality, strength and inflated sizes vary dramatically across the various manufacturers. Unfortunately because the Chinese balloons are generally not sold direct from the manufacturer, but instead thru resellers on Aliexpress, eBay or Amazon, there's no easy way that I've found to know in advance which company's product you are getting. You have to try a few different sellers on Aliexpress or eBay or Amazon to sample the different types and then stick with the reseller who carries the balloons that you like the best.

In fact once I've found a good source of high quality Chinese balloons, I usually rush to buy as large a quantity of their product as I can because there's no quarantee that next month's batch from the same reseller will be the same quality or from the same manufacturer. Such are the vagaries of dealing with the Chinese balloon market.

If you're lucky, as I have been, perhaps one of the Hong Kong or Taiwan looners will help you out and point you to a reliable source of top quality products. I have a looner buddy in Honk Kong who has been extremely generous with advice and assistance in this regard.

Don't write off the Chinese balloons as always being inferior ... some of them are comparable in quality and performance to the best of the West.

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

Well, now I feel a little bad... Perhaps you're right; if I had a reliable source, I'd be less cynical.

Still, the concept of 27 inch balloons was foreign to me until I stumbled upon them on Amazon. I appreciate your insight!

Comment

• SRider
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by BusterBill
          If you're lucky, as I have been, perhaps one of the Hong Kong or Taiwan looners will help you out and point you to a reliable source of top quality products. I have a looner buddy in Honk Kong who has been extremely generous with advice and assistance in this regard.
          Dear BusterBill,
          Apologies for reviving this old thread, but my account is brand new and I wanted to know whether you knew anything about balloon sources in Hong Kong, or could send a message to your buddy who does. If it isn't too much trouble, please reply with the information in a PM.
          Many thanks for your effort,
          SRider.

Comment

• Bounci
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by SRider
            Dear BusterBill,
            Apologies for reviving this old thread, but my account is brand new and I wanted to know whether you knew anything about balloon sources in Hong Kong, or could send a message to your buddy who does. If it isn't too much trouble, please reply with the information in a PM.
            Many thanks for your effort,
            SRider.
            I would very much like to hear about these tips as well.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎