Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helium1234
    • Dec 2016

Party City 24"???

Was driving by a party city this weekend and saw a woman carrying (well holding and almost being carried off) 3 HUGE white helium filled balloons. I went into the store to try to find them but could not. Checked out on their website and they have 24" balloons. Anyone tried them? Are they any good? Anyone order from party city these balloons? I was shocked to see them coming out (and quite turned on)
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

Re: Party City 24"???

Dude those are my current go-to balloons their soft when you break them in they get to 45 inches (or more I was scared it would pop) but you have to blow them up several times to get them to be HUGE. Ive laid on them for a night and if you get several of them together and lay down on them it feels like a GL

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
      • May 2017

Looking at their website, those balloons look too round for my liking. Looks like they won't neck out like the Q24s.

Comment

• 9/11 did Bush
        • Nov 2016

Ah, those 24's. Despite having a nonexistent neck, those Amscan 24's get huge when deflated and reinflated a couple times. Used to be my go-to giant balloons between when Q24's stopped production and the first time I bought longnecks off BU.

Comment

• Jkloon
          • Aug 2013

Don't try necking them, as the neck will rip off as you stretch it, but after a few inflations the balloons will get huge. I pump popped one after the neck ripped off of it and it git well over 50" before popping

Comment

• Helium1234
            • Dec 2016

Tempted to try a few inflated with helium this weekend. Every try that?

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Helium1234
              Tempted to try a few inflated with helium this weekend. Every try that?
              They're party balloons, designed to be filled with helium :P

Comment

• BYGavia
                • Dec 2017

They're fun for mindless bouncing, and remarkably strong even above rated size (which they easily exceed if you stretch them). I inflated one until it felt somewhat tight and kept it around. Soon enough, I found myself inflating it a bit more and found they tend to keep going and going...

The colors are nice, too. They have no necks, but they're great if you're playing around with a partner.

I'm not sure that they would float with helium unless you pre-stretch them, but I have very little experience with helium balloons.

Comment

• scuba
                  • Jan 2017

You Americans are sooo lucky that helium balloons is easy to get there.
                  Here where I live you seldom see helium balloons because helium is so expensive here.
                  If you eventually see some it's usually foil balloons which doesn't turns me as much as the latex ones. And they are usually also ridiculously expensive.

Comment

• t17forLife
                    • May 2015

I used to work at Party City (2016 and 17 Halloween seasons) and managed to swipe a few both times. I've only seen one at rated capacity (it had helium in it and they let me take it). I use them for purposes outside of this fetish so I don't have much experience with inflating them beyond that.

I like how they tend to be more round than similarly sized balloons though.

Comment

• Popemall

If you're a non popper be careful of the necks on these when inflating. I was purposely trying to B2P the ones I had so I took them all over the limit and I noticed a majority shredded at the neck when even slightly overinlated. Just a heads up if you're phobic bc they were pretty loud - the clear seemed to accidentally pop the easiest btw

Comment

• frankfrank
                        Empathetic Harmonizer
                        • Feb 2018

These 24 inchers are my "go-to" balloon, because they're as easy to get as just stopping and walking into a store. I go by one of their stores routinely, so I don't even have to go out of my way.
                        People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• OverTheTop
                          • Dec 2013

Does anyone have a good picture showing what they look like when inflated? Aside from the images on the party city website, which seem to be renders rather than photos, I haven't seen any yet. If they look nice I might swing by my local party city some time.

Comment

• Bounci
                            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                            These are great balloons. I like to bake all my balloons and these get enormous. The necks are surprisingly tiny, like I wonder how they are able to get them off the forms at the factory without tearing.
                            I wish I knew more about baking them... I hear such good things, but I'm afraid of ruining the balloons.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bounci
                              I wish I knew more about baking them... I hear such good things, but I'm afraid of ruining the balloons.
                              It's pretty easy and effective. Take a new balloon, and put it in the oven at 290°F for 5-15 minutes (start with shorter times until you get the hang of it, different brands take different times for best results) and then just blow it up as normal once you take it out.

There's also the clothes dryer method, which works better for used balloons - put them in a ziploc bag and toss them in a clothes dryer on high for 15-30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎