Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Get bouncy in a cllimb in balloon

You might have seen someone blow up a huge balloon and climb into it head first.
    I have discovered a much cooler way to use them. I climb into the balloon leg first, pulling the neck of the balloon up to my stomach and then stars to inflate it. I use a 210 cm in diameter latex balloon
    First I move some heavy chairs around the area I will stand with the balloon to support me and the balloon.
    Second I put both my feets into the neck of the balloon and pull the neck of the balloon up to my stomach.
    Third I start inflating with an electric pump.
    As the balloon gets bigger and bigger around me Istand in the middle of the balloon.
    When the balloon gets realy huge, the neck of the balloon will begin pulling me upwards to the point my feets wont reach the ground. (thats why it´s so important to have good side support)
    I´m now able to bounce hanging in the neck of the balloon around my stomach. It´s realy cool.
    If you have doubts I can tell you that I wheigh 85 kg´s and have done this a lot of times. last time I used a Catex 72" balloon and it worked very well.
    All in all try it, it´s a realy cool way to interact with a balloon and much safer than climbing into it
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Re: Get bouncy in a climb in balloon

I think I have to explain how I discovered this.
    I all started with me seeing a talent show on TV2. There was a guy who climbed into a huge balloon and I thought that I had to try it.
    In Horsens there is a company called Pegani that sell´s gears for magic shows and also balloons. I went there and bougth a RD650 balloon and the owner Steen explained me how I should do it.
    I got home and started inflating the balloon and climbed head first into it. It was amazing. Then I let a little air out and stock my head out through the neck and then my arms, it felt amazing. I let more air out untill I could stand inside the balloon with it´s neck around my stomach, but I didn´t feel like getting out of the balloon, so I reach for my airpump and started inflating angain.
    The balloon got bigger and bigger aroun me and I suddenly feel the neck around my stomach pulling me upwards. It felt cool so I kept going.
    All the sudden I lost ballance and I fell back onto my bed and the balloon popped. What just happened? Was the balloon realy able to lift a 80 kg guy that way?
    I tought I needed to research it a bit so I bought a new balloon and tried again. This time I moved some heavy chairs anround the area to support the balloon. I climbed into the balloon leg first and pulled the neck of the balloon up to my stomach and started inflating. As the balloon got bigger I made sure the chairs supported the balloon and I kept inflating.
    The balloon got bigger and bigger and I began to feel neck of the balloon around my stomach pulling me upwards and all the sudden MY FEETS WAS LIFTED FROM THE GROUND! WOW. I was now hanging in the balloon.
    Since this experince I have done it a lot of time´s and have tried it with Gummiwerk´s climb in balloon that inflates even bigger (2,4 m), that was realy cool, but that ballon is realy expensive.
    All in all I think that such cool discoverys almost always happens by accident so got out and make balloon experiments.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Re: Get bouncy in a cllimb in balloon

This is something i really must try
      I own some really BIG balloons but I've never owned a climb in balloon...being lifted off your feet by a big balloon sounds super, crazy fun!

Comment

• scuba
        • Jan 2017

Doing it with two balloons in a double layered configuration works even better. But you need a powerful pump to get them inflated at first and the risk of popping one of them is of course bigger.
        But if it works out the reward is a much more powerful upwards pull of the double layered balloon.

Comment

• Micks101
          • Jan 2017

This is definitely on my to do list... maybe time to break the drought and buy my first climb in :P

Comment

• scuba
            • Jan 2017

Yeah.
            Just remember to pre blow the balloon and use a lot of lupe before attempting to climb into it.
            Getting the neck of the balloon up to your stomach takes a little practice to do, but if you're take it slow it's durable.

Comment

• Micks101
              • Jan 2017

Better get more than one, so I have a practice balloon

Comment

• scuba
                • Jan 2017

Yeah if you lupe the neck hole well and blow air into it while working your legs into the balloon, it can be done
                Once the balloon is over your crotch it's just start inflating.

Comment

• Micks101
                  • Jan 2017

I will report back with results

Comment

• scuba
                    • Jan 2017

Just got to think of. I have been using Gummiwerk's RD650's and Cattex's 72 inch balloons for this. They are not too soft as some of the cheaper balloons are.
                    And, avoid buying the ones with a bigger neck hole. Or you will slip into the balloon.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Do you think i could maybe do it with a 6 foot cloud buster? The cloud buster balloons i ordered from Washington state have 4" nozzles & are of pure latex. Un-inflated they look like slightly bigger versions of the Cattex 55" rounds...

Comment

• scuba
                        • Jan 2017

Maybe. If the neck is not made of a thick material. It have to be able to stretch just enough to make you able to climb in.

Comment

• BigBreathless
                          • Jun 2017

The climb in from balloons united works well. it has a bigger neck than rd650s

Comment

• scuba
                            • Jan 2017

It does, but it does not get as big as the RD650.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎