Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionlooner
    • Apr 2016

Gay/Bi Male Looners in Illinois?

I feel annoying putting this out here, but I was curious if there any of you live in the area. I'm not looking for some instant meet up, but maybe we could chat for a bit and meet up if we get along well?

I'm fairly shy and don't like traveling far, so I'm just feeling things out for now!

Thanks!
  • Phobos001
    • Jul 2017

Re: Gay/Bi Male Looners in Illinois?

Hello! I haven't really introduced myself to the forum yet, but I'd love to chat with you! I'm from southwestern WI and am mostly homebound for my job with taking care of my autistic brother, so just chatting and stuff is perfect for now ^^ I can on you my email if you want, unless you know an IM we can use like discord or something 😉 Talk to you soon

Comment

• frankfrank
      Empathetic Harmonizer
      • Feb 2018

Well, I did just join the group...and I'm in Chicago.

I'm seasonally busy now (the first "trimester" of the year is by far my busiest) but yeah, meeting other looners is always interesting.

Too bad that the looner events [gatherings] that used to exist mostly in the 00's seem to be a thing of the past, now.
      People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
        • Feb 2018

Hey frankfrank, Welcome! I am rather new, too :-) Joined some days ago, and I know Chicago as I am once a quarter there for a business trip!

Always eager to do balloon swapping and balloon blowing

Comment

• loonlover817
          • Feb 2018

yeah not gay or bi but would do balloon popping. especially if girls are there
          lover your loons forever

Comment

• frankfrank
            Empathetic Harmonizer
            • Feb 2018

Oh hell, my message entirely disappeared.

Yeah B...NYC, you don't live here but you get here sometimes, so that can work.

Something may work later in the year, or a chance early in the second quarter depending on timing...I'm in crunch-time for a while because the "first trimester" is BY FAR my busiest time of the year; and a good chunk of the middle of the year will be spent living four hours away from here.

I have a roommate, so any balloon stuff might not be wide-open here (though he's gone more than I am, so I have ample chances at random times); however even if we meet somewhere "out," it may also be cool to have you here as well, because you mention MOVIES in your profile interests. He is a movie maven; it's hard to get anything at all by him. He (and probably you) know much more about movies than I do, though I have well enough interest also to mention it in my profile.

I have one of those "face blindness" things going on (though not completely); he contrasts me entirely by being that guy who can have lunch with somebody, and fourteen years later recognize them instantly when running to them in a different city. His mind is like a steel trap**.

**The steel trap has snapped shut, and the rest of his body is trying to get away, haha.

I note that, of the three things we each put in our profiles, two are MOVIES and MUSIC. Your third one, FOOD (well, I mean cooking), is one of the big things that drew me into this city. And, yes, New York City was in my considerations, but it was a nonstarter because I needed at least 1,500 square feet - I don't have a spare million lying around, LOL. California, same thing. Surprisingly even Ann Arbor cost more than this good neighborhood in Chicago.

This may not happen right away, but planning should be easier late in the year. I lost too much time last year from moving (eight trips), and suffering from sciatica (now gone, thankfully).
            People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• loonlover817
              • Feb 2018

yeah sorry I'm young so i cant travel but i'm going to college 2 years from now soo maybe i can hang
              lover your loons forever

Comment

• frankfrank
                Empathetic Harmonizer
                • Feb 2018

^ wonderful to see that you're college-bound (in due time) 817! Always a good thing.

Comment

• loonlover817
                  • Feb 2018

yeah i'm still deciding what i want to do. i'm either gonna go business or maybe like hydrology can we major in balloon studies with a minor in sex? lol jk are there any strip clubs for a latex fetish?
                  lover your loons forever

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                    I might be the only looner in Kansas City. That's an 8 hour drive. I have never met another looner in person...
                    I have a friend in KC which I visit from time to time - I could let you know when is the next time I will be there if you want to stay in contact!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎