Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue548
    • Sep 2015

Balloon competition at party?

Do you guys have any ideas for balloon games at a party, like blow to pop or who can blow up the biggest balloon? Have you taken part in any balloon games?
  • SRob
    • Aug 2015

Re: Balloon competition at party?

If this is adults and not a fetish party, I find it hard to get people to pop balloons. Who can blow the biggest balloon is a good starter, because it is seen as a non-popping game, but you can usually get a few good pops to lead into other things. Drinking games are a lot of fun too - people are more comfortable popping balloons after a few drinks.

Comment

• marja

In general balloon games are very suitable for a party. Balloon games are not different from any other party game for non looners.

This year I have participated in a balloon contest at a hen party. The idea was to pop the balloon between you and the butt of the person in front of you. (Run towards her and once the balloon pops, next person runs towards you.)

Personally I like sit to pop balloons a lot, but I haven't played it as a party game after primary school. It doesn't seem to be popular among my friends. I don't know why exactly, it looks like people are not comfortable popping a balloon this way.

Blow to pop contests are really good fun at parties. The rules are extremely easy (inflate the balloon until it pops, no nails!), which makes it a good game, even after a few drinks.
      You can start it without announcing it, for example by asking two people if they want to see who can inflate a balloon the fastest. People may want to challenge the winner... Or you say you are organizing a game and ask if people want to join. After quite some people have joined, more will join, because "everyone" is participating. Then say that you are going to play the balloon blowing contest.

Comment

• Robin
        • Jul 2016

I think an interesting and funny idea is a blow to pop contest with a handicap. For example, blow to pop a balloon without touching the balloon with your hands. Or stand on one foot until the balloon will pop. Or inflate the balloon through a long and narrow hose so that the people doing the contest need much more lung power than for a normal blow to pop contest.

Comment

• Blue548
          • Sep 2015

Sounds cool, I may get a bag of 16" to raise some eyebrows lol. Love the look on peoples faces when they blow up a balloon and it's much bigger than they were expecting.

Comment

• LeeRider
            • Nov 2014

I'd say a bag of Q16s or Q18s and a bag of TufTex 17s....also a few Qualatex 16" donuts and a couple of Tilly Workers for a real challenge!

Oh and of course Q11s and Q646s blown up before for decorations. In the proportions of 2:1 naturally to set the mood.
            Last edited by LeeRider; 18-07-2016, 16:40.

Comment

• Robin
              • Jul 2016

There is one more idea for a competition at a party. It is about beachballs and not balloons, but it is very funny when people realize how much lung power they need for that challenge.

Make a race who can fastest inflate a beachball by mouth the WITHOUT squeezing the valve by lips or by teeth. When you do not squeeze the valve it the air goes into the beachball very slowly and therefore you have to breathe very hard if you want to be fast at competition.

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by Blue548
                Sounds cool, I may get a bag of 16" to raise some eyebrows lol. Love the look on peoples faces when they blow up a balloon and it's much bigger than they were expecting.
                Hi Blue! I am curious if you did buy a bag of 16" for your party?
                And how did they react?

Comment

• Alex.
                  • Sep 2018

I am pleased to participate in such contests. I want to check how fast I can do it, especially in the b2p race.

Comment

• SusieDK
                    • Dec 2017

Hi there,

My experiences with peoples reaction to balloon games are very much like Marjas: To people in general balloon games are just like any other party games. The balloons are just objects for the games just as maybe rubber bands, strings, table tennis balls or whatever.

The one difference is that there are actually more people than we (or at least I) think who are somewhat nervous of balloons and especially about popping them. Usually this only adds to the excitement though and is an important part of the reason to make games with balloons in the first place.

My experience is that most people find games with balloons really funny, especially when they first get started.

I absolutely love balloon games, - both for the very same reasons that (I think) most people do, but of course also because balloons are 'extraordinarily exciting' to me. It is kind of a dream come true for me whenever I am able to play with balloons together with others, just for the fun of it. Of course there is a bit more to it, because it gives me the opportunity to sort of show off how brave I am with balloons (which means a lot to me, because I started out being phobic about them), making (some) people cringe and maybe even beg me to stop or something similar.

I like most balloon games (and most other games as well btw), maybe because I am somewhat childish by nature.

My experience is that the classic games work very well:

Balloon dance: Everybody gets an inflated balloon tied to their feet, and when the music starts the objective is to dance while trying to pop the other peoples balloons and maintain your own. When only one person (or couple) has a balloon they have won.

Balloon relay: People are divided into two (or more if there are many guests) teams, and each person gets a balloon. When the game is started the first person in each team runs to a chair, blows up the balloon and pops it by sitting on it. Then they run back and start the next team member. When everybody in the team has come through the game is over. The fastest team wins.
                    The game can be varied quite a bit: The participant can have two balloons, so that the team must run two times in order to finish. The objective can be changed to blow to pop the balloon instead of sitpopping it - or maybe sitpop the first and blow to pop the secoand balloon. They game can be prolonged with splitting the winning team into two groups and make them run the relay against each other. Then split the winning team again etc. making it kind of a cup. Durting such a 'Balloon relay cup' the objective can be changed maiking popping the balloon steadily harder, maybe by chaging the way the balloons must be popped or to use bigger balloons - only ones fantasy sets the limit.
                    Most people find balloon relays extremely funny, for example many people have no idea how strong balloons really are, so they have huge problems sitpopping them or they must use all their determination to keep blowing to make them pop. This means lots and lots of funny faces, jumping and screaming, - not to mention being cheered on.

Blow to pop race: Very simple, but a great game - actually my favorite one This canb of course be made as some kind of relay as well.

Blow the biggest balloon: People get each a balloon, and the objective is to simply make the biggest balloon of all. This game works best if there are not all too many participants.

Balloon-quiz: Just like any ordinary quiz, only the questions are put inside balloons that have to be popped in order to read the question. The balloons can be either inflated or uninflated. There can also be set up various rules for how the balloons must be popped.

Blow the most balloons: All guests atre divided into two teams (except two who are to be 'controllers'). Each team gets a big bag of balloons, and the objective is simply to blow up the most balloons within a certain time. The balloons have to be blown up to at least a certain size. This is where the controllers come in. Each controller gets a pin and a 'balloon measure', which is just a wire ring. Each controller is attached to a team, and whenever a team member has blown up a balloon, the balloon is presented to the controller who holds up the ring. If the balloon can pass trough the ring it is not big enough and must be blown bigger. If the balloon cannot pass though the controller counts it in and pops it with the pin (so that the same balloon cannot be presented again). The team having blown up the most balloons wins the game.

I know many more balloon games, but I think this is enough for now.

No matter what it is the greatest fun - that's for sure.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
                    Susie

PS. Whenever I arrange party games I see to only fill in a few balloon games between more non-balloon-games, so that it all seems like just a bunch of silly party games. This way no 'suspicion' is raised, - or at least this has never happened to me. However it has had the effect that I am often asked to arrange fun at parties - this must be because people like the games.

Comment

• Marck
                      • Jan 2022

Cool games Susie!

I would be shocked when I manages to win a s2p relay with my team and had to participate in a b2p contest next round. And only then to find out that next round also means bigger balloons!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎