Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claire123
    • Oct 2016

Public B2Ps...

Hi, anyone else really into the idea of blowing up balloons until they burst in a public place? It really appeals to me. I posted a story on the "favourite places" thread about a recent one I did but it's the only one I've ever managed.

Never seen many videos either, not where there are actually members of the public around anyway. There is just something about bystanders reactions to it getting bigger that I really like to see.

I don't like the idea of just suddenly popping balloons around people, because I am an ex-phobic myself. But overinflating is quite a slow process so it gives people time to walk away if they are freaked out by it.

Anyone got any good public B2P videos or stories to share?
  • Hans31
    • Oct 2015

Re: Public B2Ps...

Check out the clips from Anna Pop on clips4sale she does a lot of public B2p´s with a lot of people around

Comment

• Pink Balloon
      • Oct 2016

I wouldn't mind trying it just for fun, and if I saw some girl doing it, I would probably ask her if she was doing anything later.

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Looner_leo
        I love to see the reaction of the people watch a good b2p or just the overinflation. Recently, i blew up a 16" qualatex in the mall, just to the point of the boom. A group of womens who was sat next to me, just stopped to see how huge the balloon was. One of them, asked me if I could give one of those q16, cause she loves balloons. Of course I gave to her. Minutes later I just hear a loud bang coming from that table.
        Makes you wonder if there are more looners than we think.
        How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
        My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Pink Balloon
          • Oct 2016

If anyones intrested in art, I'd suggest PonFuusen, they have great pictures of popping in public.

Admiditly, more semi-public, in public but alone, or with few people around, but the stories they include are beyond amazing, and in general they're one of my absolute favorite balloon based artests.

Comment

• marja

public b2p video's are very rare indeed.
            I found one some years ago. I don't think it is mentioned as a looner video.

Joel Yuen, "Untitled (Working Class)", Singapore, 2013

(Warning the second scene contains children.)

Comment

• Dave
              • Nov 2016

I would love to see a b2p in public!

Comment

• Claire123
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Looner_leo
                I love to see the reaction of the people watch a good b2p or just the overinflation. Recently, i blew up a 16" qualatex in the mall, just to the point of the boom. A group of womens who was sat next to me, just stopped to see how huge the balloon was. One of them, asked me if I could give one of those q16, cause she loves balloons. Of course I gave to her. Minutes later I just hear a loud bang coming from that table.
                Awesome

Originally posted by marja
                public b2p video's are very rare indeed.
                I found one some years ago. I don't think it is mentioned as a looner video.

Joel Yuen, "Untitled (Working Class)", Singapore, 2013

(Warning the second scene contains children.)
                Oh wow I actually really like this.

One of the only ones I have ever found is this one of Domina Elle in a restaurant

Comment

• MikeFlowerPop
                  • Nov 2016

Hi folks,

I'm a new guy here. Hope to read a lot from you.

Some weeks ago I firstly tried public overinflation when going to dance clubs. What I found that I was annoying people as they did not expect the bang. Some even got fear obviously from a sudden bang, although music would be loud.

So I changed strategy. I started inflating some balloons and throwning them to the crowd. Everybody(!) loves this and people get very playful. After some time the balloon will be popped somewhere with a bang but nobody will care as it is expected.

So then I can start to blow pop some while standing in the crowd. Some people will think it happens by accident, others come over and grin "Well I saw you - this was on purpose!"

And after some experience with this (in the clubs people get used I am "The Balloon Guy") I entered stage and started blowing to pop amidst dancers there and in front of everybody. It is truly a bang! Try for yourself...

Comment

• Claire123
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by MikeFlowerPop
                    Hi folks,

I'm a new guy here. Hope to read a lot from you.

Some weeks ago I firstly tried public overinflation when going to dance clubs. What I found that I was annoying people as they did not expect the bang. Some even got fear obviously from a sudden bang, although music would be loud.

So I changed strategy. I started inflating some balloons and throwning them to the crowd. Everybody(!) loves this and people get very playful. After some time the balloon will be popped somewhere with a bang but nobody will care as it is expected.

So then I can start to blow pop some while standing in the crowd. Some people will think it happens by accident, others come over and grin "Well I saw you - this was on purpose!"

And after some experience with this (in the clubs people get used I am "The Balloon Guy") I entered stage and started blowing to pop amidst dancers there and in front of everybody. It is truly a bang! Try for yourself...

I like the idea of doing it in a club! As the music would offset some of the noise. Love the idea of being able to do more than one, I always figured doing a public b2p has to be a one off but now you mention it...

Comment

• MikeFlowerPop
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Claire123
                      I like the idea of doing it in a club! As the music would offset some of the noise. Love the idea of being able to do more than one, I always figured doing a public b2p has to be a one off but now you mention it...
                      You should not underestimate the pop. I have expereince now from Techno/Goa over Rock to Pop/Trash Parties, music being very loud. Still you will hear a balloon go off as the pop sound is so much different from all surrounding noise.

Fun thing for me are reactions of people next to me. Hands held up to ears, tapping on my shoulder or even asking "Do you have to do that?" As for the last if it comes from a nice lady I give in, tie the balloon off and hand it over to her. Funnily enough always it will be bursted by her or friends some minutes later - while I am busy with my next b2p. Very common after big bang are laughs and some applause.

Comment

• rsrs8370
                        • Oct 2016

For anyone interested, I've created a playlist on my YouTube channel with videos made in Dutch and Belgium cities where men and women do public blow-to-pops as part of a city-tour event:

I've seen similar events during the introduction week for new students at universities.

Comment

• Claire123
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rsrs8370
                          For anyone interested, I've created a playlist on my YouTube channel with videos made in Dutch and Belgium cities where men and women do public blow-to-pops as part of a city-tour event:

I've seen similar events during the introduction week for new students at universities.
                          Brilliant

Damn why didn't they have those events at my uni introduction week...

Comment

• scamper
                            • Jul 2016

I gave up public popping

it to much of a hassle dealing with people around (drunks kids and so on)

Comment

• LoudPopper
                              • Jan 2016

Hi and welcome Mike! I really like the dance club idea too. The feeling of a girl coming up to me with a mischievous grin knowing that I "accidentally" popped a balloon on purpose sounds exciting. Now that I'm married I don't really see me going out and trying public popping in future, but that's of no complaint.

However I do remember when I was with my ex-gf, she loved to play with balloons in public. She was a actress by trade, so she just loved being seen public in general, which I believe made balloon play a natural transition for her. Playing and popping in the park was a pretty common thing, and it didn't bother me much because I figured that's where balloons would commonly be seen. A couple times however we'd be out in a mall or plaza and she'd sometimes out of the blue say, "hand me a balloon". Which was kinda exciting because of the spontaneity of it all, but in fact I'd be the one nervous about the balloon popping because I don't want to disturb anyone. One time we were in an indoor mall, and she and I were sitting down while she was blowing one up. She bopped around with all the playfulness in the world, and then she all of the sudden she just went, "I wanna pop this one". I asked, "what about the other people?" to which she just went, "who cares?". And then BANG! You could see that people were startled and trying to figure out where it came from, but it was pretty clear where it came from because it'd be followed up by intense giggling and laughing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎